Rewards: Chapter 4

Narrator pov

Waking up the next day was a much more difficult challenge. Your wounds weren't healed, and saying they were would just be a lie. You were trying to move as Amelia was lying on top of you, her breasts in your face.

It was a pleasant feeling, like having a soft pillow on top of your face. But you didn't care about it for now, you moved her quickly as you got up from the bed. You made your way to the mirror as you looked for new scars, none...Yet.

You looked back to your equipment. It was battered and beaten to hell, the amount of stress and use it had over the years easily made it reasonable as it why it was in such a poor state. Taking care of weapons and armor took time... Time you never really had.

You took what you had and put it on as you adjusted it once more. You put the helmet back on as you stretched your body. Regardless of the pain, you would have to get up.

Y/N:( I need to get to that address. The biggest tower in Zaun... I know.)

You heard movement as you saw Amelia get up and smile at you. She moved in for a hug as she sank into your armored chest.

Amelia: Feeling better?

Y/N: Yes... I must go.

Amelia: But your still hurt!

You spoke no words in response as she understood. She hugged you as you slowly... Hugged her back.

V:( Aww~ I knew you liked her!)

Y/N:( I do...)

V:( Awww...Wait, what?!)

Y/N:( Aren't you the voice in my head? How do you not know?)

V:( I'm... Not sure...)

Y/N:( Or course I do, but I have to make sure that I can give her a better life. I have to keep working, to make sure I can make Zaun better. If I can't even do that, I won't be able to be with her.)

V:( You're just being too selfless. You have the right too-)

Y/N:( I don't... And I won't, unless I do this.)

V was silent, as were you released her from the hug and patted her small head. You walked out of the room as she sighed to herself.

Amelia: Please... Just let people in your life, you deserve love too..

Later In Zaun

Walking through the city made the day seem a little better than before. Zaun, as much as it was a city of crime, was also the city of invention. It didn't have the tech or the money of Piltover, but it had charm and talent, where Piltover was full of rich kids and stuck ups.

You eyed the biggest tower in the city as you made your way through the crowd of people who were blocking the road between the tower and you. You quickly made your way to the front as you saw another enforcer and his two other companions as you moved to get through.

Enforcer: Woah, Piltover action, we are here to fix a leak in the sewer system below. It will take a few weeks, so you will have to find a new way around.

Y/N: Move...

Enforcer: Hey! Didn't you hear what I-

You quickly grabbed him by the collar and hoisted him up into the air with your arm. You stared back at him as he struggled.

Y/N: Don't make me hate you guys more than I do right now. I don't hate people from Piltover, I hate people like you who can trample over the people down here. Now...Move.

You set him down as him and his other companions moved out of the way for you. You moved passed as you kicked away the cones and barriers stopping entrance, as citizens were now able to walk through it.