Jobs Of Present: Chapter 2

Narrator pov

It was hard to say that sleep came easy, because in most cases, it never did. But your body only wanted to answer its own calls. You opened your eyes quickly as you sat up and shook your head. You pulled out a small pocket watch as you saw the time: 3:00 PM.

Y/N: Another 17 hour sleep? I'm wasting time.

V:( Are you wasting time? Or making sure your body is in decent enough shape to keep getting up everyday?)

Y/N: Whatever comes first...

You grabbed your gloves and fixed your helmet onto your head. You let some of the cold of the helm, mash away some of the sweat on your forehead. Another nightmare night it seemed.

V:( They always seemed to come and go.)

Y/N: I try not to think about them.

V:( Why? You know why you get them, and you know who you can...)

Y/N:...

V;( I'm sorry, I was pushing you too far. Let's just get some breakfast.)

You were never sure about V, whether or not that soft voice in your head was truly...There. It was odd, she only ever appeared after a rough beatdown one night, fighting off escaped creatures. Ever since then...

It was always just a blur, things you would remember and details you often forget, were always just... There. You finished putting your gloves on as you made sure you had everything. You opened up the door to see a big man shoving into you.

Man: Watch it...

You were tall and broad, it all came with fighting things much bigger than you were. However this man was taller and wider, not as muscular. He smirked at you as he walked down the stairs.

V:( You hesitated.)

Y/N:( I have no reason to hit him back, it just makes me look bad.)

You walked down the stairs as the bar was still. You knew that you took a long sleep, so that the bar would have been open. You walked over to the bar as you stood next to the big man, who was already chugging a huge pint of ale.

Amelia walked over as she gave you a big smile and handed you a piece of large fruit.

Amelia: Thank you for taking care of that request. I know that guy has been hanging here for a while.

You held the piece as you pocketed the piece into your pack. The big man finished as he looked over to you, and snickered.

Man: As if you made that big of a dent in crime, Bounty Hunter.

Y/N;...

Amelia: Don't start things, Frederick.

Frederick: You think that you getting rid of one, won't have the others coming after you. You think they don't know where you are?

Y/N: Who are you?

Frederick: I want you to guess.

The big man had gotten up from the table as he was staring you down.

Amelia: Don't start this shit, Frederick.

Y/N: I am carrying weapons...

Frederick: And?

Some of the other men stood up as they also had weapons on them. You looked back to Amelia as she was already moving towards the back where she wouldn't get hurt.

Y/N: One last chance...

V:( Are you going all out?)

Frederick: Why don't we just get this over with, you little shit. I'm tired of you trying to get in our business.