Chapter 6

Days passed, time passed, similarly...

When one day, during a lecture a guy came out spreading news that Mrs. Fountes came to meet Hayzel...

 She was waiting in the principal's office, elegant attired in her best. Hayzel was very much upset as she got the news howsoever, then she went to Principal's office... When she got a shocking news...

"Hayzel your Dad is admitted to Hospital due to paralysis, doctor says that he's in comma and will need very much time to recover..."

Hayzel was astounded and rendered speechless. She was traumatized. Then, taunting Mrs. Fountes, Hayzel replied, "Congrats, you won again..." 

After that, she left in a fury, walked out of college, and everyone began to wonder what had occurred...

Hayzel went to the hospital to check her father... When she saw him she was completely melancholy... Tears started coming to her eyes...

24 hrs passed and Hayzel was still missing... She was last seen at the hospital but since then she went missing; her friends were worried including Stephen... And that was a spotlight for reporters... Stephen even went to search her with Maelynn and Aura but no use, she was still not found...

They received devastating news the following day; saying Mrs. Fountes was found dead in a car accident... Everyone was in utter shock... Because everything in the family was wrong... Mr. Fountes is hospitalized. Hayzel is still missing, and Mrs. Fountes has now passed away. Questions in everyone's mind weren't stopping...

The same night... Hayzel was standing in a church which was completely empty at night 2 am, where she was in a terrible condition with her tears- dried up, her clothes being dirty and stained with something like blood... She was completely in a bad condition, she abruptly walked up to the lit candles there, put her palm over them while sobbing, and allowed the flames to heat her hand and burn her skin. After a minute, she scorched the skin on her palm, leaving behind painful burn marks...

All of a sudden Stephen came there... When he saw Hayzel in such condition, he ran towards her... And Hayzel was faint...

He brought Hayzel home with him. He called the doctor... After examining Hayzel he contacted to her family doctor where he got to know some of her hidden facts, which Hayzel never let anyone know...  And according to the him, Hazyel is not well cause she suffers from a stress disorder. ..

"A stress disorder? " Stephen asked in a surprisingly-shocking manner...

The doctor answered, "Yes, it's a phase where she experiences traumatic attacks when something from her past or present makes a connection and are you familiar with NSSI disorder?" 

Stephen said, "No, I haven't heard that before; why? "

The doctor replied, "Hayzel is having it... NSSI (Non-suicidal Self-Injury) refers to the intentional destruction of one's own body tissue without suicidal intent and for purposes not socially sanctioned. Common examples include cutting, burning, scratching, and banging or hitting, and most people who self-injure have used multiple methods. Because NSSI is typically associated with emotional and psychiatric distress, and because NSSI increases risk for suicide, it is crucial to establish accurate conceptual and clinical models of this behavior... And I can say for sure that Hayzel is suffering in her because of her past medical history and the scars on her body. Her family doctor who is also  a psychiatrist has been seeing Hayzel since she was in her teens. When Hayzel was 13 years old, she experienced her first traumatic attack. When she got to know something really shocking, she kept herself closed in a room for the whole week; later when she opened the door for others her room was completely messed up just like her... Her mirror was broken into pieces and scars    were on her body very much, when that doctor asked her what did she do; she said, 'Some wounds are cured with greater pain...' and that was the first condition of her NSSI disorder... She never told anybody anything even her parents didn't knew what she was going through, she use to tell me sometimes somethings but that too weren't complete; she use to come to me for her stress disorder and I told her to take some medicines and try to be calm... But now its more than worst its like who is gonna handle her? Though she looks perfect from outside, she is completely a terrible mess inside who needs to be healed... Medicines, medications, sessions nothing worked for her she is still the same..."

Stephen was completely flabbergasted when he heard all from him...  

"Knowing her condition I will suggest you to please be with her and stay with her always she is gonna harm herself for all the reasons that are related to her pain; no matter what and now as her current situation she definitely needs someone by her side... She is a mysterious person no doubt but remember hidden mysteries are always the negative ones...  Anyways, these are some medicines that will help her less her stress but for her NSSI disorder she has to get herself healthy from inside..." by saying this the doctor left...

Stephen was utterly concerned for Hayzel and in a state of disbelief because he never thought that there would be so much worse hidden in her past and her... But he however decided to not to leave her at any condition...  

Hayzel woke up, Stephen was not in the room... She was completely dull... She then stepped out of the bed and went near the mirror... She was looking in the mirror viewing herself from last five minutes, her eyes were filled with tears... 

Stephen came to check her, when he came in the room there was nothing and he saw Hayzel sleeping... But he felt like the view was just created... So he went near Hayzel slowly... And she opened her eyes and he kissed her on her lips... And Hayzel was surprised... He then paused and said... "Everything is gonna be alright, okay? No matter what happens I'm always there for you..." And Hayzel broke into tears which she hided so hardly-well... She was crying so badly like seeing her cry even Stephen was about to break in tears... He was however trying to make her calm... He then ordered her, "Stop crying, Hayzel and listen to me; firstly, get yourself calm... Now seat in a comfortable position, relax; think no one's here and you are just listening to your heart's voice... Now, close your eyes, relax don't let any of the thoughts disturb you... Slowly, start breathing... now take three deep breaths, peacefully... Now open your eyes hug yourself by tapping on your shoulders... Calm down... Its okay not to be okay, alright... Now I will leave you with yourself for sometime... Stay relaxed examine nature for sometime and mix match your reality, you will slowly understand everything... And will get a solution..." 

Stephen left Hayzel relaxed... Hayzel was surprisingly very calmed... 

After some more minutes... Hayzel was getting everything in her mind... And the very moment she started planning things...