Chapter 1: The Psychics in Kuoh town ~And Perverts~

After the exorcising Ceiling Crasher, Reigen and (Y/N) are now back at the Spirits and such Consultation office, where Reigen is putting away the client's pay in a safe that includes the rest of his money.

Reigen: Man, you're a lifesaver. Never thought that evil spirit would actually show up.

Reigen: Here, your Pay for the day

The 17-year-old boy receives his usual hourly pay from Reigen of only three 100 yen coins, which equals 300 yen in total.

(Y/N): Oh thanks...

Reigen: That one today was just a lower-level spirit, so I really shouldn't be paying you more than half, but hey, I'm a nice guy. Think of your full pay as a bonus.

(Y/N): Right...

Reigen: What's wrong, are you not okay with that?

(Y/N): Oh no. Just don't know why you called me to handle such a weak spirit. I mean ones like that-

Reigen starts freaking out, once again sweating heavily, and speedily cuts (Y/N) off.

Reigen: You just don't get it! When you reach my level, you get so crazy strong you end up melting everyone around you during a simple exorcism! That's why I ask you to take care of the weaker ones.

(Y/N): Really? If you say so, I'm also not quite sure what you mean by "melt" either.

Reigen: Of course you don't idiot that's because you lack training! You need to learn all you can, from me, your master! Your powers are meant to be used, not doing so would be a waste. Working for me gives you the opportunity to help others, and continue training at the same time, two birds one stone. But, if you misuse a power such as yours, it can only lead to your own self-destruction. That's why I'm teaching you how to control your powers, you don't want them to go berserk, do you?

As (Y/N) was walking home, he recalled what Reigen had said to him earlier that day

Reigen: Remember your promise. You will not use your psychic powers against other people.

===========================================================================

Tomorrow arrived, and it was the average school day for Kuoh Academy. Teru, Ritsu, and (Y/N) are 2nd Year students at Kuoh Academy. While the three boys had psychic abilities, no one else in the school were aware of them being espers.

Currently, In class 2-B, (Y/N) is sleeping in class, while his teacher is writing down a math problem on the chalkboard.

Teacher: Okay class, what would be the answer for this problem? Let's go with you, (Y/N).

As (Y/N) hears his name, he jerks awake, and gets up from his seat, standing up with his textbook in his hands to respond to his teacher.

(Y/N): Y-Yes sir...