Ruby's boring first day of adventuring.

"Yes, im going west! Definitely west!" Ruby Rose, now equipped with leather armor, a backpack, and a new scythe said while looking at the compass.

She took two confident steps forward and then stopped.

"Wait, but it shows that west is behind me…" huh, she had a brainfart.

Doing a 180-degree turn, she waited a bit to make sure that she was facing west and then started marching forward. 

She was scared, but also excited! Scared because she is apparently in a world full of magic and honest to Oum GODS, and excited because she had read enough crappy webnovels to realize that this is a dream come true! 

A world of fairy tales! A world full of dangerous monsters, monsters that terrorize the innocent people of this world! But this is also a world of heroes! Brave heroes that fearlessly fight evil monsters! Adventurers!

And right now…isn't she an adventurer herself? God Ares sent her off with a map, compass, food, leather armor, and a new scythe. There was a little bit of money too, but money together with food is bound to run out at some point. And according to the map, there are a lot of settlements that she can stop along the way before reaching Orario. Settlements that will probably have monster problems! 

And when monsters cause problems, a hero is needed!

Ruby happily giggled and bounced at the thought.

She can be a hero! She can be a brave monster slayer!

And who knows? Maybe she will even find a caravan being attacked by monsters on the way to the nearest town or village?

—timeskip—

There was no caravan being attacked by monsters on the way to the village, and the entire journey was boring.

Her leg hurt too…

Well, at least she is finally here.

"The village of the dancing giant"! There is probably a story about the name, and she is actually curious to learn it. 

As for the looks of the village…well, it looked normal…

"Umm…e-excuse me?" She stuttered as she grabbed the attention of a woman that was collecting the laundry in front of her house. Curse her poor social skills! "Sorry, I'm new here, and…umm…is there a place where I can buy a place to sleep for tonight?" 

"Hmm, a traveler huh?" The woman hummed to herself. "Well, there is a small Inn ahead that adventurers or traveling merchants from Rakia use when their expedition makes them pass through our village. I think there is no one staying there at the moment."

"Thank you." Ruby quickly said and hastily made her way toward the Inn. What she found was a LONG house with "the sleeping giant Inn'' written above the door. 

Once she opened the door the first thing she saw was lots of tables with simple chairs on all sides. There were very simplistic, she wouldn't be surprised if all of them were made in a single day.

And to be honest, she is kinda scared that she will get a splinter in her butt If she tried to sit on one of those chairs.

There was also a small rock wall that reached up to her knees in the middle of the room in the shape of a square, each side around…2 meters? She isn't sure. Inside it, there was a lot of burning coal, the only thing separating it from the wooden floor of the inn being the previously mentioned stone barrier.

That seems like a fire hazard waiting to happen…

"Welcome!" A boyish voice of a child called out, making Ruby look to her left where she saw the counter, and a child sitting behind it.