Chapter 37 | Lies and Wine

After I was done attending patients and discharging them, I had advised them to accept help and cherish those who love you

Because any moment a lie can be exposed.

"Daniel?" I say answering the call.

"How are you?" he says on the other end.

I sigh, "I'm fine just like those the other ten days you had called me. Don't you have a life to live?" I asked, rolling my eyes. Everyone only calls for one thing and one thing only — to check on me. Before I could hear what Daniel said, a blonde-haired man was walking towards me. "I'll call you back." He argued but I clicked the call. "What are you doing here?"

"Came to see you."

I shake my head, "So you could convince that Matthew had a good reason to lie to me? Goodbye, Aaron." I say walking out of the hospital.

"Danvers," he calls out my name, "I'm here as your friend not his. Yes, he made a mistake but that's for him to fix, not mine. Can we please talk?" he asked. I nod at his words because I truly did miss him. Alice and Tristan have been great, but Aaron was a brother and I missed him. "Follow me."

He leads the way to his car, the same car that I had got in on that night. When we were all settled in the car, he drove off somewhere as we sat in silence. I didn't question where we're going because I knew he wouldn't take me to see Matthew.

As the car started going at a slow speed Aaron turned left into a parking lot. My eyes see that he brought me to the beach and this time during the night.

The beach.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask unbuckling my seatbelt.

He takes a deep breath, "Figured you're missing home more and needed this. Besides, I know that after work you go straight to your place. The time you're out during work and school, that's it." Before I could ask how he knew that he explained. "I've been meaning to talk to you but you're always in a rush. Look Danvers, I know that you feel betrayed and everything, but I understand if you don't want to be friends with us anymore."

"What?"

"Matthew is family and my home country's prince, but you. You are more to me; I value this friendship deeply." He says as he stares at the beach.

I open the car door, "Come on." I tell him as he gets out and follows me. We both walked to the shore to feel the sand and the cold water. "I do want to still be your friend because like you said it wasn't your doing. I don't know if you had warned him or anything about him lying to me, but you didn't cause any of this. Besides I miss having a lawyer friend," I say not looking at him and keeping my sight on the wave glistening through the moonlight.

"I appreciate it, Danvers."

That's all he says.

We sat on the shore just staring at the ocean, admiring the peace it brought.