Custody, Questions, and Uncertainty

The sounds of the cannons boomed through the ground and rocked the air with a gnarly spite

It had only just struck the afternoon of the eastern hemisphere, but if the jarring sound of artillery was anything to come by, there was little room to doubt that a fight had broken out between mankind's machines.

Or in this case, a fight to be the bestowed owners of a recently discovered battleship that just had to land on the coastlines of the Sakura Empire's homeland.

there were a grand total of 10 ships in the forms of humans wrestling to exert their dominance over the prized possession, each firing either an indiscriminate storm of heavy shells, unleashing the menacing and ubiquitous nature of torpedoes, or  firing up the engines of the dozens of aircraft that were latched on to a carrier deck.

The exchange of fire turned the remote beach into a contested site for control.

"Cleveland, watch your flank!"

"I'm trying! Guh-! Danm...They really want this for themselves!"

"All planes! Launch! Find and down enemy aircraft!"

On the far port side of the struggling 8 front line participants, the aircraft carriers Akagi and Kaga took the pleasure of providing support for the two heavy cruisers that had accompanied them for the mission.

The starboard side of the downed battleship stood the siren fleet, while burning with a great brimstone of the self defence enacted against them, their surviving members pushed on without much of a second thought, befitting their autonomous and drone nature to be controlled by its user, contributing to the conflict by dumping their own set of ammunition and lighting the waters ablaze.

What encompassed the environment was a cacophonous sense of selfish engagement.

This dragged on for quite some time, The two never backing down against their wishes. The constant stream of planes, and shells.

"Evasive Manuevers!"

Cleveland's stock of torpedoes had begun to decline, And Enterprise was sending more and more arrows into the fray of chaos just before them,  with Atago and Takao throwing themselves aside or slicing apart incoming projectiles with a smooth flow of control, comparable to  ballerinas locked in a dance of dexterity.

.

.

.

He breathed heavily as he talked to himself in a copious amount of sweat.

"Re-aligning turrets , reloading gun barrels."