Bolero of The Crimson Axis

I apologize if the fight "scenes" aren't good, watching a fight scene is one thing, trying to write it down and keep it compelling is another, as a result they may feel short, bland, or disjointed until I get enough feedback on them.

Not too much will happen in this chapter, I would have added more, but I believe the time taken had already exceeded what was acceptable, and I have yet to fully mend the previous chapters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 2, 5:45 AM

"Captain's log: Day 2"

"It has been a rather eventful introduction to one of the factions and powers of this Earth. Following my rescue, and my introduction to the Commander of the alliance "Azur Lane", I have many questions that circulate within my mind, uncertain of wether it should be asked."

"The actions that was done for me was rather accommodating, akin to more of an interesting and wordy discussion of some of I, and my battleship's properties. Having also been given a cup of tea to soothe the tension of the room, and granted a friendly introduction to the Commander."

"I had only introduced some of myself, and part of my affiliation and history, but little to build a credible or comprehensible background."

"As for what I was expected to do, now that I was under the authority of Azur Lane, I was requested to present myself in their auditorium, as a measure of assuring my intentions were clear, and won't bring any harm to their operations."

"And also to disclose more of my battleship."

"I found it strange to myself at first, but I accepted after careful deliberation."

"But I have to ensure not too much is revealed..."

"All is to be left in the dark...except for the heart of Yamato."

"This has plagued my mind for hours on end since I first arrived."

"The Wave Motion engine is a staggering feat of engineering accomplished by external assistance. It was a miracle alone that we that we had sufficient knowledge of repairing the complex workings of the Yamato's power source."

"Maintenance therefore is a crucial aspect like any other component of the line of work on the day to day operations of a battleship like mine."

"This would no serve problem if Yamato, or any ship powered by that manner, is serviced at the appropriate facilities, and a qualified crew."

"But this base or facility I reside on, lacks such features or knowledge. Unknown to even basic star faring ship building, let alone know how to repair and restore such an engine of this scale, the low knowledge leaves a terrible dilemma of determining some of the ship's secrecy."

"I therefore will disclose basic maintenance instructions found in the technical manuals,  In a matter of debate, however, it will be obvious that Yamato herself is far too valuable to fully cover up with even an entire crew, let alone a single person, me as its captain."

"So some form of discovery will be inevitable, this base did end up bringing back a marvel of science...And a beloved friend...After all."

"Despite my wish to avoid excessive reverse-engineering of my ship, Yamato also needs some of her guns to be repaired during my attempt of self-defence against multiple unknown target vessels with a foreboding construction, having been struck by pink energy projectiles of unknown property."