draw the line

pls vote and comment xx

Angsty ex-boyfriend Muke, sadness :')

A long one because I'm back baby!

ALSO no mention of Micheal's wife's name or face claim because; MYSTERY

The uncomfortable buzz of Luke's phone on the side table woke him and ultimately saved him from the climax of his dream. His dream? Being stuck between two walls that were closing in on each other, feeling his chest tightening up and he was starting to panic. Pressure creaked into his bones while he wasn't able to breathe becoming crippling.

There was no space for him to move whilst his limbs compacted against himself, so tight he could feel bone to bone. Beyond terrified, his eyes squinted shut and short breaths came out his nose as his cheek lay pressed against the cold concrete. There was nothing he could do.

Which meant this was no dream.

The nightmare was reoccurring and had Luke up in fear many times before. Usually sweaty, cold and never able to get back to sleep. His therapist mentioned placing Luke on sleeping medication if he wanted it and he still hadn't decided yet.

Luke reached out for his phone as well as he could with his eyes still closed, half awake. Pressing answer. "What?" Lukes voice is raspy. " Ashton if this is about the fucking wine glasses again, I don't care, just return them. I'm not upset that you have them already. Calm down and go back to bed. Please."

Luke had gotten Ashton a set of wine glasses as an engagement present and Ashton was simply too afraid to admit that he had to return them because he'd already received so many. Last time they spoke, he'd mentioned receiving six sets of wine glasses alone.

"From her side of the family too, I've never even seen this much glass before in my life! Do you think I could donate them?" He'd expressed over the phone last Sunday.

The rest is a mixture of high-end wine, champagne, whiskey, cocktail and shot glasses. He wondered how many of these calls Ashton would have to make because of the high-status background of his fiancée. Marrying rich was not a part of Ashton's plan, but the lavish life happened to come with the woman who he fell in love with.

Luke agreed engagement life seemed terribly overwhelming and he felt sort of a disconnection towards it all. Like, if he didn't get to experience it, he wouldn't be too upset. It'd do his anxiety wonders.

"It's me. Sorry, I've woken you?"

Luke didn't think anything could've woken him so fast. Hearing the voice sent goosebumps through Luke's body that shot him into an upright position against his pillows. It was only a matter of time before this would happen again. He knew what his brother would say, that It was harassment. And what Ashton would've said, Hang up.

Mentally, both of those things rang true in his head and for a moment, he felt ill and his heart told him to end the call and throw his phone across the room. "Oh."

But not before he would have called Ashton and confided in him though, telling him to come over with a pizza with a bottle of wine for yet another night of comforting a hurt Luke about the mess. Having this happen made Luke want to get drunk and eat fucking carbs; making Ashton thank God he wasn't single anymore.

"Michael." He sighed taking a moment, trying to hold his phone properly in his weak hand, the other over his face rubbing his eyes. "No, you didn't wake me." The first lie of the late night. "I'm just- unsettled now. Why are you calling me?"