Chapter Forty-Nine

Far Too Long

Marinette doesn't know how to explain the way that at the start of this all, compromising with her pain felt like growing up.

Things have always been back and forth, Ladybug and Hawkmoth, push and pull, Marinette and Lila, things are not as simple as they should be, they aren't effortlessly okay but at this point she doesn't expect that it all would be.

It's never that easy.

But some things, especially when it comes to things she's able to get help with, are so easy to do that it's entirely laughable. When she didn't have to act alone in otherwise stressful situations, it was like she was seeing the sun after days of rain.

The Wayne's helped in this plan to expose Lila a lot.

A few of them were grumbling about the way that Marinette was insisting on doing it the right way, meaning no murder, no kidnapping, and the others were happy that she wasn't as bloodthirsty as other -meaning Damian, Jason and Cass.

It was as simple as this-

Damian and Tim flew back to Gotham for a daytrip and though they could have done it at a better time, it happened in the middle of the school day and he left abruptly and loudly during Madam Bustier's class. Then Bruce got together a press conference as soon as they landed and told everyone the news about his little CEO of a son and his second youngest.

He announced that they'd be staying in France due to Damian wanting to be more involved in French culture, made a few jokes about his- -violent- -behavior at Gotham Academy that may or may not have led to the decision as well.

And when a reporter asked Damian if a girl had anything to do with this, there having been rumors that he dated an exchange student during his Junior year at Gotham Academy but having never been confirmed because again, he was a minor, the Demon just looked at her and grinned.

Behind him, Tim was violently nodding his head.

All according to plan.

The next thing along with his picture on this list was to get it circulating through a media Marinette knew that he classmates would consume. She realized that she didn't need them all to see it, she just needed one of them to see it.

Young Lovers Monthly was published globally, following the love-lives of up and coming models, children of celebrities and even royalty. Rose Lavillant had a monthly subscription, and had since she was twelve.

She couldn't help it, it was the romantic and the gossiper in her.

After that Tim got back in contact with both Principal Damocles and all of 'Robin Al Ghul's' teachers and broke the news to them that their student isn't who he claimed to be, and now that the trail phase was over, they were to start using his real name and announce to the class to to do the same.

Lying and saying it was to protect his celebrity status until the Wayne's were certain that Francoise Dupont was right for him was beyond easy.

Damian and Tim were back in France within twelve hours, and the heroine was all too happy at who came with them. Jason had a month straight of good mental health and two weeks straight of relaxing sleep so Marinette agreed for him to come to France for three days and watch this all blow over -but would boot his ass back to Gotham using Kaaliki at a moments notice if she needed to.

Next they got Chloe to announce on her Instagram along with aesthetically blacked out pictures of Damian, Marinette, Adrien and her that she's so happy d.wayne was able to join them for the previous weekend out before they head back to school.