II. POMENGRANETE

2.

POMEGRANATE.

Lately, there has been a sort of fixation of pomegranate's

Lately, there has been a sort of fixation of pomegranate's. He didn't understand why he was so fixated on them. Was it because of the sweet taste gradually becoming tart, sort of like citrus. Or was it because they had an overwhelming yet bold taste leaving a sort of stinging feeling in his cheek, he didn't know.

In his Spherical vision Yoshida watched as Denji popped a seed on the tip of his tongue, he flicked it back inside. At times like this, whenever he saw denji eat fruits, or anything with a strong flavor. He wondered if he tasted like them?

He knows it's wrong to think like this, but denji ate makima, so he guessed it was okay for him. He wanted a taste for himself, get a bite, a little nibble. But not in the way you thought.

"Ey! Yoshida, are ya' deaf? I've been calling yer' name for the longest now" Denji yells in his ear. Obviously he didn't acknowledge the yelling but the scent of his breath. With a tinge of peppermint mouthwash and that fruit it made a certain smell.

"I'm listening, no need to yell"with a tug of his cheek, he smiled.

Yoshida's gaze was fixated on denji, he didn't understand why he was so engrossed watching the fiend eat a pomegranate. Was it because of the way his teeth fiddled with the seed, and pushed it in between his evenly sized gaps. Or was it the way he munched down on them and the sound of crunch followed along.

"Denji", he says. What's so good about pomegranates? He asked. It's not like they were the most exotic fruit alive, or the juiciest, gave the most nutrients so what was so good about them? He could answer why he was obsessed with watching him eat it.

But that'd be for another time. He studied The chainsaw's features, first his eyebrows drew in, and then he stopped eating. A puzzled look shrouded his face and Yoshida could hear the cogs whirring in his brain.

"It's sweet and Bit-ter, so it taste good" And then he could continue to munch as if nothing happened.

"Do you think I'm sweet and bitter, like the pomegranate? ".

"Absolutely not-! You're like a lemon all sour and yellow"he stuck his tongue out exaggerating his sentence. All he could do was let out a breathy chortle.

Today, Denji was going to let him stay over. On the condition he made pomegranate chocolates with him, which seemed quite fun.

The ingredients were fairly simple.

• 7 oz 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil high quality dark chocolate, melted*
• arils from 2 pomegranates (about 2¼ cups)
• 1 tsp sea salt

Finally reaching his, house? Maybe apartment he really couldn't tell the difference. He knocked.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

That's how many syllables the word pomegranate has, why he paid attention to that? He didn't know. The door finally opened, and revealed a slightly excited yet annoyed denji. "Yo! Did you bring what I asked ya'?"

How could he forget? It's the only thing that woke him up this morning, weighed on his mind during work, and ticked him off when in the store. "Obviously, Right here".

The Sweets took longer than they should've, originally it would've tooken 1-2 hours but three was way past the limit. It shouldn't have took long.

First they should've Heated up chocolate and coconut oil, in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and stir every 30 seconds.

Then arrange a round one-third of the pomegranate arils, in a muffin tin sprinkle some chocolate and sea salt.

Lastly refrigerated them for an hour or so.

When the chocolate was out of the fridge, the first thing Yoshida noticed was they were incredibly hard. So hard it felt like, biting right into glass. But denji seemed to enjoy them.

"I'll stop asking but, denji why do you like Pomegranates so much now?" He could probably guess it had something to do with his deceased friends, power and Aki. He's seen a couple of photos of power and she resembled the fruit whilst Aki smelt and probably tasted like it ( he smelt like cigarettes and maybe some. Sort of cheap sweet Cologne.)

"Now that your asking me again I ain't got an answer for ya" he shrugged.

POMEGRANATES ARE HEALTHY FRUITS REMEMBER TO EAT THEM!