The Curse

Tennessee's POV

"Michael, what did Tegan mean by the curse of being an Aether Witch?" I growled.

Michael looked at me with concern in his eyes, which made my heart race. What was this curse that Tegan was talking about?

"When an Aether Witch turns seventeen years old, a curse is automatically cast upon them. Basically, as their hair slowly gets more and more white, and the white doesn't go away, her powers grow more and more out of control."

"What happens when all of her hair is white?" Cooper whispered nervously.

"She becomes a normal witch, or in Tegan's case, a normal High Priestess."

Easton raised his hand. "Wait, so does that mean no more portals?"

"Yes, Easton, that means no more portals."

"Is there any way to stop it?" Hunter asked.

"There is only one way to break the curse."

"And how do we do that?" Emersyn demands. They were asking all of the questions I wanted to ask but couldn't manage to. I knew it would hurt my soulmate to nor have her Aether Witch powers. I knew she loved being able to control and create all the elements, to make portals, to turn into bubbles whenever she wanted, to surprise us with a new trick after every turn. I knew it would break her to lose that.

Michael sighed and stared out the window. Cassandra cleared her throat behind me. Everyone in the room turned to face her. "Well, me Dad, Valathame, Raziel and Zabkiel have a spell that could cure her."

"Why do I feel that there's a but coming?" Cooper said.

"Because there is. Dad needs to go back to Hell, he can't leave for long at all. But we need him for the spell, so Tegan has to come with us."

There was a round of groans coming from every corner of the room.

"How long will it take?" I asked quietly.

Cassandra's eyes were full of pity as she turned to face me. "A year."

I felt like my legs turned to jelly. I leant on the windowsill beside me. A year? I didn't know if I could handle my soulmate being gone for a year. I barely managed her being gone for a couple weeks while she became the Queen of Darkness. How would I be able to deal with this?

"Haven?" Hope's voice was right next to me, though I could've sworn that she was on the other side of the room a second ago. I looked up and found my dad, Cooper and Hope surrounding me. Where did everyone else go?

"Everyone else went downstairs." Coop said, sensing my confusion.

"How are you doing, son?" Dad asked.

"I... I don't know." I sighed. Hope pulled me in for a hug.

"She'll be fine." She whispered in my ear. "You know it'll break her to lose her powers. This is for the best. We can trust them. They're angels, they won't hurt her."

"And plus, from what Cassandra's told me, Hell is actually a really nice place." I looked at Cooper with what I'm sure was an incredulous expression. He shrugged. "What, I'm taking the word of the Angel of Death."

"How are you so calm about this? She's your little sister!" I tilted my head towards Hope. "If she was going, I'd lock her in her room and have Tegan do some magical shit to stop people from getting in."

Hope shoved me in the shoulder. "Tegan would just help me get out."

Coop sighed. "I'm honestly more used to her antics by now. I know we can't go visit her, but Bentley can, so we can just send him to check on her. He already agreed and said that he would've done it even if we hadn't asked."