CHAPTER 4

....They are back....

Recap : Reet's Thammi told Ajey that she has seen him before.

25th September,2022

Narendragadh, West Bengal

Author: Okay so Narendragadh is an imaginary place ab agar sach mein ayse koyi jagah hai to humne kuch nahi pata.

Ajey's pov: Ahh! 2 days left so peacefully. I have visited this entire village with Reet and Ramu ( a special servant of Reet's thammi). But today Ramu was busy as the "Devi Pakshya" (Navratri in your terms) has started so he's busy with Puja work. And this "Devi Pakshya" with the day "Mahalaya".

Author : Mahalaya is a happy occasion. While there are many stories and/or folklore associated with the day, largely, people believe that on this day, Goddess Durga officially begins her journey from Mount Kailash — where she resides with her husband Lord Shiva — to her maternal home on Earth. Bengalis celebrate it with much fervour and remark intermittently, about the festive autumn weather and the 'pujo-pujo' feel. It is believed Goddess Durga undertakes this week-long journey with her children — Ganesha, Kartik, Lakshmi and Saraswati — on a vehicle of her choice. It could be a palanquin or a boat, an elephant or a horse. Mahalaya is celebrated roughly seven days before Durga Puja. Every Bengali household wakes up early in the morning — even before the sun — to customarily listen to a collection of songs and mantras called 'Mahishasura Mardini', in the sonorous voice of Birendra Krishna Bhadra. These mantras invoke the Goddess; the most famous one being Jago Tumi Jago (meaning, 'awaken, oh Goddess!') 

Okay bohot gyaan baat diya Non-bengali's ko abhi back to story 🤧. 

Ajey's pov : Okay so as Ramu kaka is busy today. Reet decided to go for a walk towards the empty spece of the village where nobody lives and she also decided that she wouldn't say this to the family members because we don't know why Thammi never allow us to go alone. Always she sent Ramu with us. So we left without informing anybody. 

The very next beautiful village morning started with exploring the beauty with my beautiful would be Wife!

Kans grass is a symbol of autumn