1. Because I could not stop

Episode one; Because I could not stop for death

Y/n layed in her bed in the early hours of morning as words flowed in her mind. She got up and sat down at her desk. She grabbed a pencil that she had stolen from Emily and a piece of paper also stolen from Emily.

She wrote the words down on the paper that had been keeping her awake all night. 'It'll be fine by dusk light, I'm tellin' you, Baby, These things eat at your bones and drive your young mind crazy' she was interrupted by a knock, She stood up a little irritated by being interruption, she opened the door and saw Mary on the other side. The girl smiled at her, but saw that she was holding two buckets, and sighed in disappointment. "Please Y/n, I already did it and besides You'll be my favourite if you do" Mary spoke quickly. "Fine" Y/n took the buckets from her hands "and I already know I am your favourite" She spoke again before walking out the door "you're the best, I love you"

"Yeah yeah, I love you too" Y/n laughed as she closed the door with her foot.

Sue woke up rubbing the sleep out of her eyes "I heard that by the way"

"Oh Sush you" Mary jokingly said and swatted the air as she walked away, Mary walked into what was the kitchen, that was slightly covered in dust Mary coughed as she walked through to get to the garden.

Emily stood at the well, with buckets "guess you were given bucket duty too" A voice said scaring Emily out of her throughs. She turned slightly to see Y/n standing there holding to buckets in each of her hands, a smile made its way to her face. "Yeah, if I get to see your face it is worth the walk back with the buckets filled with water" Y/n giggled "well I am thrilled that I made your day Miss Dickinson"

Emily put the buckets down, she wrapped the girl in a hug making her drop the empty buckets to the grass, to hug the Dickinson girl back.

Emily and Y/n moved away from to go back to the bucket that was hanging on the rope at the end of the well.

Y/n waited for Emily to finish winding the handle that brought up the bucket full of water. She looked around and spotted two flowers on the ground she picked them holding the stem and admiring the beauty in the simple flower. A blue flower and a simple white one. She looked at Emily and crouched beside her. The poet felt the gaze of the girl beside her. "For you Mi Amour" The Y/H/C haired girl placed the Blue flower in the brunettes hair, tucking the bit of her hair that had fallen in front of her face. "And for Lavinia" She placed the white flower in the other ear

Now it was Y/n's turn, Emily waited for her, "Em you don't have to wait for me" Y/n spoke as she moved the bucket full to the brim carefully and swapped it with the empty one, "I don't mind besides I like watching you work" Emily respond. Y/n's smiles as she turns the handle of the well.

"Are you coming over to my house?" Emily asked "as long as your poems are still about me then I will never stop coming over" Y/n responded not looking up at the girl. "They will always be about you, and you only"