The Trip

She was in her seat all nervous. This was her first flight and that too for such a long journey. She didn't want to tell him that it was the first time she was on board and scared about It. She didn't want him to think she was some backdated fool. Pratap read her nervous face.
"If you are scared you can hold my hand."
"No am fine."
She lied in vain. He gave half a smile. As the plane started to run for takeoff he heard her whisper soft prayers. She was holding her seat and he held her hand tight without looking at her. She gave a smile looking away in nervousness as she didn't even realise they were feet above the ground. The clouds and little patches of sunlight were a boring view. He was reading a business magazine. She closed her eyes tired.

Pratap felt Roshni's head on his shoulder as she took a nap without any care for the world. She looked tired but happy. Her excitement and preparation for this trip had drained her completely. He smiled. She was so excited like an innocent child on their first trip.
She woke at his whisper.
"Roshni we have landed."
"Wha..."
She appeared blank trying to recollect where she was. She had slept so deeply. His shoulder ached. But he didn't complain. Her happy calm face was worth the pain.
"Welcome to our honeymoon Madam ji."
He gave her his hand and she took it with a smile as they got down at Zurich.

A cab took them to the best hotel and there was already a well-decorated honeymoon suite waiting for them. Rohan arranged things well. Pratap thought as he looked at the candles bouquets and champagne. Roshni had found her way to the balcony with a view of the busy road and was enjoying the view. Pratap came up behind her. And hugged her from behind.
"so where are you taking me sightseeing?" She asked amused.
"How bout the bedroom?"
She stared at his teasing grin wide-eyed. And ignored it.
" I want to roam and shop and eat."
"And?"
"And ... Nothing "
"Then you should have brought Phool and not me." He frowned like a kid. She smiled and hugged him.

They went around the town in a cab all day. Shopped for family and friends and clicked pictures. He never found it more enjoyable moving around with bags of shopping following her around an unknown country as the excited Roshni moved around malls and streets in excitement. When they got back they were exhausted and hungry. They ordered son baked fish platter and Pratap decided to make good use of the champagne.
"Am not gonna drink that!" Roshni sounded alarmed.
"Am not telling you to." He poured a glass for himself. "I ordered you a Coke kiddo!"
"Am not kiddo. I just don't like It."
"What do you like then?"
"Umm... Ice cream... Chocolates... Dresses... Shoes... Bags ..."
"And??"

Pratap eyed her in her short pink dress and messy hair. Maybe it was the alcohol in his system or the total plan called a honeymoon he was finding her irresistible at this moment as she caressed her hair lost in thoughts sitting before him.
Pratap let out a deep breath. Roshni's heart pounded in anticipation. She knew this stare. She knew it since their first night at his place. That night she became his. She could never forget the feeling. He leaned forward. She stopped her thought.
The doorbell rang. And he moved to open the door for the waiter to bring food. As Pratap attacked the food like a tiger catches its prey, Roshni smiled.
"What's so funny?"
" Nothing."
Pratap stared at his smiling wife.
"Eat then"
After dinner, they were on the balcony and the cold air made her shiver a little.
"You are cold??"
He didn't wait for the answer as he wrapped her in a blanket. His warm breath on her neck made her warm. He kissed her neck and she let out a gasp. Their eyes met and hers were moist. Confused Pratap raised his eyebrows as if to ask what was wrong. She nodded her head with a smile. He kissed her forehead and her cheeks and her moist eyes. She hugged him hiding her face in his chest. He picked her up and took her to bed.
Five days passed in haste as Pratap and Roshni enjoyed the honeymoon to the fullest. Fighting, romancing, shopping, roaming and teasing each other they took another step in the relationship as husband and wife.

On their flight back home Roshni sat her hand in his arms, looking out at the clouds while he was busy typing some official email on his phone. She had a smile on her face recollecting the trip and suddenly a fear crept in, a fear of losing her happiness, a nightmare following the dream. The smile disappeared as she tightened the grip around his arm. He looked up alarmed at her face.
" What's wrong?"
" I love you."
" Wow, Madam ji, Zurich has so much effect on you?" Pratap stared surprised. She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. He kissed her hand and they stared at each other with smiles, ready for a journey of life together.