9:37 PM

New notification

*You have been added to a new group*

I sat there, looking at my phone in confusion. It was almost ten at night and I wasn't sure why I'd been added to a group at this time of the day. Deciding to ignore it for now, I opened up my laptop, propping it up on my bed as I lay on my stomach. Coincidentally, a FaceTime request came in as I unlocked the device.

Accepting it, I waited for whoever called me to show themselves. "Sadie!" My best friend shouted. "Sup, Nico! What are you doing this late at night?" I asked, getting up from my bed and going to the stack of dishes on my shelf. They weren't dirty or a show of my laziness to go to the kitchen; they just served as 'art' pieces for my bedroom. "Nothing much. Just in the kitchen, looking for snacks. Thought I might FaceTime you while I'm at it," He answered as I repositioned the dagger-like knife in-between the spaces of the fork in the ceramic cup. 

I sat down solemnly on my bed. "How can you eat on... his..." I gulped. "His death anniversary," I whispered. A whole year without him. I fanned my face. "Sorry. Anyway, I got added to a group right before you FaceTime-ed me. I haven't checked it out yet." Nico gave me a sympathetic smile. "I was too. I wonder why, though. Wanna check it out together?" 

I shrugged. "Sure," I picked up my phone and tapped on the notification, unlocking the screen and entering the group. All there was, was the message indicating that Nico, a few of my friends and I were added to this new group. The admin of the group was an unknown number, which confused me; how'd they get my number?

Almost as if the unknown person knew we were in chat, the person started typing. 

And the message sent irked.