Will he notice me?

EPISODE EIGHT

THEME: Will he notice me?

   MOON STONE PACK

Brianna adjusted her dress to display more of her cleavage. She looked at Hazel.

"Hazel, do you think he'll notice me tonight?" She asked wistfully.

Hazel walked back to Brianna. "He can be unpredictable. But he's probably going to take one look at you in this sexy costume and his jaw will drop wide. Let's be hopeful. But ladies, how can any man not notice how beautiful Brianna looks tonight?" Hazel asked, looking at Meagan.

"I am sure he will be head over heels for you tonight." Alice replied. She was more familiar with Brianna because she had lived in moon stone pack for about a year before moving to her own pack to take care of her sick mom.

Meagan had no idea of who they were talking about. But she joined Alice in assuring Brianna that she was irresistible. And Meagan noticed the loyalty in Hazel's expression. It is definitely because Brianna would be a relative soon. But whoever the object of Brianna's desire happened to be, he had better be wary of hurting her. Meagan thought.

Brianna sighed as if signifying that it was already too late to keep her hopes high. "He can't noticed me tonight.  The last time we went out fighting off vampire rogues, he made it clear that he's not interested in me. He only sees me as a baby sister and a family. I don't want to think that I am wasting my time hoping that he'll change his mind."

"Well I think he might change his mind tonight." Hazel mumbled as she pat Brianna's shoulder blade gently.

With a sad smile on her face, Brianna shook her head slightly. "I love him so much but-" her voice trailed off.

"I think he's a jerk for turning you down." Meagan blurted out.

Hazel and Brianna head snapped to look at Meagan. They were surprised that she had called their alpha a jerk. Hazel exchanged glances with Brianna and gave her a sign that Meagan doesn't know the alpha.

"He is not a jerk." Alice countered also knowing that Meagan doesn't know about the person in question.

"He is so kind, compassionate and thoughtful. I should have cried my eyes out when he said he wasn't interested in me but surprisingly I didn't shed a tear." Brianna said with a shrug.

"Why?" Alice asked.

"I am not sure..." Brianna paused.

Hazel spoke up. "Maybe because he has showed you so much care than you have ever received from any man aside your brother."

"I don't know if that's the reason. Honestly I got hurt by his rejection. I thought he would see me differently after I came back to the pack but he still sees me as Julius younger sister. He made it clear that a relationship is never going to work between us." Brianna said.

"Don't give up, Brianna." Alice said.

Hazel nodded in agreement. "Yes. And I just feel he is yet to get over what happened with Madison. And as far as I know he is still not seeing anyone." She gave Brianna's hand a small squeeze.

"It has been five years now. He should have gotten over Madison." Chloe, the make up artist added. She is also friends with Hazel.

"He said that he's over her now. All he wants to do is get busy with handling the tasks that concerns the pack." Brianna sighed again.

"That's his responsibilities." Hazel replied.

Meagan lost interest in the conversation. She stood up from the chair already looking tired. Hazel recognized the look, she knew her best friend would rather lay in bed having a good sleep than to be at a crowded party or even talking about men.

Meagan Swift, twenty seven years old and the third child out of five siblings. Out of all the three Swift sisters, Meagan was the most determined to have her life wrapped around work only. The one who never enjoyed parties, music and fun. All she did was working hard at the hospital. She could barely remember when last she had so much fun. She only feels a bit different from her usual self whenever Hazel comes visiting. Her best friend was a living vibe machine.

"Are you okay?" Hazel asked.

"Yes..I am fine." Meagan forced a smile on her face.

The make up artist finished touching up Alice face which made Meagan heave a sigh. They would be leaving for the party soon. The other bridesmaids agreed to meet at the ballroom on Hazel's instructions and no one dares to go against her. Only the bride gets to give out instructions because it is her moment.

Ever since Meagan arrived at the pack, she had seen her best friend in her angry mood, arguing with the event planner,  screaming at the wolves working at the pack church, event hall and even the caterer just to put things in place. Meagan had done more comforting in days than she has ever done in the past. And she knew it was a good idea to be close to Hazel just to keep everything calm.

"Now we are ready to show off our beautiful faces!" Alice giggled as she whirled around checking herself in the mirror.

"Let's have fun tonight, ladies!" Brianna cheered with her chin lifting in happiness and determination to get the alpha drooling over her tonight.

Hazel led the ladies out of the dressing room and they charged towards the pack ballroom.