Follower (chapter 1)

"It's worse when I push it through slowly," I hum, " don't make me." As my knife presses into the neck of the one and only, Eve Polastri. Eve. MY Eve. Well, only in my mind. The only reason why we're here right now, in Eve's kitchen, pressed against the wall, is because of my own blistering obsession. No one else knows how deep it truly runs, except for maybe Konstantin, who might have a bit of a feeling. Konstantin was always like that, knowing things before I thought to tell him...

So, here we are. My knife pressed into the crook of Eve's neck, gentle enough not to break skin. My left hand is placed up on the wall, above her head though I wish it was caressing her face right now.  I loom over her, standing at least a few inches taller than her. God, Eve looks so perfect, even when I can tell she's scared. I want her so bad. Everything. I want her all. Her raven hair, which looks like the curls could HOUSE a raven. Her cold and stony eyes, every wrinkle and laugh line in her skin. Little does she know, despite this knife between us now, I would never dare hurt her. Even little-er does she know, I love her too much for that.

I inhale her scent, the layers to it. She's wearing the perfume. She smells so sweet and looks so good I- "I am going to find the thing you love," great, thanks for interrupting my train of thought Eve, I just- "and I am going to kill it." She says, her tone deep and commanding. It almost makes me WANT to be ruled by her. We stay there, a few moments longer, her eyes still locked in mine, sort of romantically actually, until her stupid MAN TOY, Niko arrives home. She begs me to let her go and she looks so lovely that I almost do. I don't though. I'm not that stupid. (You should expect more of me, honestly..) But again, I'm not dumb. I let her get away on the condition of her giving me her phone PIN. She reads 1,2,3,4 and honestly, I reevaluate this entire thing. WHO in their right mind has that as their phone password. She's adorable though, so I let it slide.

Now, comes the time for the switch. I put on my very best british accent and loudly thank Eve. A look of confusion crosses her face as her mind works to figure out what's happened to the Russian assassin with a knife to her oesophagus less than a minute ago. I reclaim my coat and march out into the hallway and politely apologise to (MAN TOY!!) Niko, as i'm leaving. Jesus, good luck to Eve because I sure wouldn't like that moustache ANYWHERE near my-