(41)

( Aruba - Part 5 of 5 )

'I don't know what's harder to believe - that we're actually leaving the ship we've lived on for over two decades, or the fact that all of our stuff combined only fills up two carry on bags.' Thea remarked, as they eased the jump ship off the ramp of the wave rider. Rip said nothing in response, just easing himself back into the seat he was sitting on. 'Also, are you sure you're all right back there?'

'Just peachy, actually.' Rip replied. 

'Yeah, but you do realise this team we're leaving behind is the team headed up by the woman who wanted to go and get Christ's blood from the person himself, right?' Thea continued, seemingly ignoring Rip's response. 'You're sure that you don't want to turn around?'

'Thea, I do think you're having more doubts than I am. I told Sara we'd be fine, and we will be.' Rip replied, attempting to reassure his spouse. 'Besides, it's not like we won't be unable to fix up any messes they've made. This ship has a tracker, we will see them again.'

'Okay, good.' Thea said, eyes shifting to the autopilot settings. If she had to fly for any longer than needed she would go insane. 'Now, any plans as to where we're going?' 

'Well, I think we deserve a holiday after all this. How about Aruba?' Rip remarked.

'I bet you're glad Mick didn't hear you say that.' Thea replied.

'Oh, most definitely.' Rip said. Thea then plugged the coordinates into the ship and hit the lever that would shoot them through the temporal vortex.

Yes, a holiday with Rip would be quite nice. Thea thought. I can only that hope nothing goes wrong.

 I can only that hope nothing goes wrong

[ Author's Note ]

And that's the end of act two! I had to give them a nice send off, as I'm afraid season three isn't always going to be the best for either of them. :/

I hope you enjoyed it, don't forget to vote and comment. :]

Word Count: 282 words

Written: 24th September 2022 | Published: 24th September 2022