(24)

( Moonshot - Part 2 of 7 )

'Is that Rip?' Sara asked, stepping past Amaya, Henry and Nate. 'Get him out of there!'

'Only as soon as one of you explains what in tarnation is going on.' Henry replied.

'Uh, we're here for your fragment of the spear.' Nate supplied. 'You see there's a legion of villains who are going after anyone who is trying to protect it.'

'We have Star Girls' fragment, but Midnight died trying to protect his.' Amaya said. Henry processed this information and then walked closer to his whiteboard, hand over his mouth in thought.

'I appreciate your concern, but I hid my piece of the spear somewhere safe.' Henry replied.

'Believe me. There's no place on earth safe from these guys.' Sara responded.

'Exactly.' Henry said, looking right at Nate.

'You old fox, you.' Nate said, smiling.

'Want to clue us in, Nate?' Sara and Thea asked together.

'He hid the spear in the flag Neal Armstrong planted on the moon.'

'Oh, that's genius.' Amaya gushed.

'When I worked my way up through NASA it was to hide the spear and keep it safe.' Henry said, looking down at his watch, 'Speaking of, I have got to get back to mission control.'

'Yeah, I guess you've got to figure out how to save the Apollo 13 astronauts.' Ray said.

'What are you talking about?' Henry asked. 'The mission is text book.'

'Didn't an oxygen tank explode and the moon landing got aborted?' Thea asked.

'No. Everything's going great up there.' Henry replied. 'Unless....'

'Unless history has changed...' Thea sighed.

Word Count: 258 words

Written: 27th of July 2022 | Published: 24th of August 2022