three.

"I'm unpredictable, not even to myself

"I'm unpredictable, not even to myself."

[-]

The smell of smoke woke Martin up from his sleep almost instantly. When he opened his eyes, he saw that their bed was full of smoke, making him get scared for a moment, before realizing that it was simply Isabella smoking.

The smell hit close to home and he found her smoking and reading in bed with the covers pulled up to her chest very attractive. Of course, who wouldn't? Isabella's beauty was striking. She also seemed unable to care less about Martin's presence in her bed. The woman minded her own business and looked as if this was just a regular Thursday morning to her.

"Isn't that a fire hazard?" Martin chuckled sitting up and taking the cigarette out of Isabella's mouth.

She shook her head and scoffed. "Not if you want me to burn you." And took the cigarette out of his hands and back to herself.

Martin watched how unbothered and confident she looked after their fling. "I wouldn't be concerned about that."

"Well, you should be." Isabella closed her book and put it on her nightstand. "As I said before, I'm unpredictable, not even to myself."

No matter how hard she tried to remain confident and serious, she let the left side of her face show a piece of her smile, but she brushed it off by rolling her eyes while Martin was proud of himself.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" He asked her out of utter nowhere. "Or husband?"

Isabella inhaled her cigarette's smoke and let it out. "Not yet, I don't like to commit myself to someone, it can restrict what I can do."

"Not necessarily." Martin was quick to deny it.

"Oh, really?" Isabella sarcastically asked. "Then how come you're not married to someone?"

That made Martin go silent and for a moment, Isabella contemplated if that was the correct way to respond when he wasn't answering her.

"I just haven't met that "someone." Martin simply told her. "Just like you."

"No," Isabella shook her head. "There's a difference between you and me: you're searching for someone, and I'm not. I'm just trying to get through the day without dying and focus on building a better future for only myself."

"What makes you think I'm not?" Martin curiously asked her.

Isabella took another puff of her cigarette. "You're immature."

As she lit her cigarette, because it was starting to burn out, Martin scoffed in disbelief. "Is it because I'm not as skilled as you?"

The woman blew out some smoke and looked up at him up and down. "Mostly."

"Mostly?" Martin shook his head in disbelief. "What's the other part?"

"You're too good for it." She said. "You seem like the kind of person who is a criminal on the outside, but on the inside wishes that he was something else." Martin closely listened to her. "Maybe your dream life is to be a farmer or a businessman because it's definitely not this."