pt.2

Xena stood in the empty clearing, having no idea of where those people had taken Gabrielle. The young woman that Gabrielle was protecting approached Xena.

YOUNG WOMAN
Your friend, she saved me. I'm so sorry she was taken. It was supposed to be me.

Xena turned to the young woman.

XENA
Who were those people?

The young woman told Xena about them. Once Xena was informed of the situation, she knew exactly where to begin to look for Gabrielle. She escorted the young woman back home. Then she set off to a nearby temple. There was someone she needed to confront. Someone that she knew must know about Deimos and his followers. She figured there was a very high chance that they probably had something to do with this. And that assumption infuriated Xena. Finally she reached the temple. She knew who she was looking for would have to show up here. Xena stormed inside.

XENA
Alright Ares show yourself!

1Xena stood for a moment waiting for the God of war to appear. When he didn't show up, Xena yelled again.

XENA
I know you can hear me! So get out here now!

She waited a few more moments and still he didn't show. Now she was becoming more enraged.

XENA
Ares, if you know what's good for you, you'll show your face! Unless you're a coward.

Still nothing.

XENA
ARES!

Finally Ares appeared.

ARES
What?!

Xena drew her sword and pointed it at him.

ARES
(sarcasm) Nice to see you too.

XENA
Where's Gabrielle?

ARES
What? How should I know?

XENA
I'm warning you, I'm not in the mood for your games. Now where is she?!

Ares casually pushed Xena's sword away from him.

ARES-
Look I have no idea what you're talking about. What would I possibly want with that little friend of yours?

XENA
You would do anything if you thought it would get me to join you. Including getting rid of Gabrielle.

Ares chuckled.

ARES
While it's true that I do want you to come fight for me. And I have tried many things to get you. But I wouldn't dream of even touching that Gabrielle. I know what you would do me. I mean come on, I'm not crazy.

Xena wasn't convinced.

XENA
You really expect me to believe that a group that follows your son, just happened to randomly take the one person that care about more than anyone. Sorry I'm not buying it.

Ares gave Xena a confused look.

ARES
My son?

XENA
Deimos. Now stop acting and tell me what you know. Or else.

ARES
(smirking) Well now I know I can't help you. And did you just say that she's the one person that you care about more than anyone? Interesting.

Xena glared at him. She was about to lose what little patience she had. Ares could see the rage building within Xena. He took a more serious tone.

ARES
Look I really can't help you. Deimos and I aren't  exactly on speaking terms.

XENA
So the God of war and the God of Fear and panic don't get along.

ARES
Yeah who would've thought. But it's pretty hard to get people to fight when they're too terrified to do anything. I might enjoy a good fight or war, but the things he does to stoke fear in people is just  barbaric. So you could say that we have some pretty different views on what counts as going "too far".

Ares convinced Xena that he wasn't involved in taking Gabrielle. Though she was still skeptical about him not knowing anything, she had no choice but to take his word for it. At least until she had more information. Xena began to leave, to continue her search for Gabrielle.

ARES
If I were you, I'd find Gabrielle quick.

Xena turned back towards Ares.

XENA
I was planning on it. Why?

ARES-  Oh no reason, just that Deimos' followers probably need someone to help them to begin his reign on earth.

XENA
What are you getting at?

ARES
They need someone who has a pure, kind soul to be a sacrifice.

Xena felt her heart sink.

XENA
No, Gabrielle.

ARES
Well I should get going. Good luck.

With that Ares took his leave, vanishing from the temple. Xena left to try and find any leads that would help her track down the followers of Deimos. She knew she had to find Gabrielle. She was determined to save her before it was too late. Whatever it took. But what Xena didn't know was what she was going to have to do,  and just how far she was going to have to go in order to get to and save Gabrielle. Meanwhile Gabrielle was being held in a cell by the followers of Deimos. She sat there trying to think of a way out. Then one of the followers of Deimos walked by the cell. Gabrielle got up and went over to the bars.

GABRIELLE
Hey, hey you.

The follower looked at her.   

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
What?

GABRIELLE
You better let me out of here.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Or what?

GABRIELLE
My friend is on her way and she's not gonna be to happy that you took me.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
(mocking tone) Oooo your friend, I'm so scared.

GABRIELLE
You should be because her name is Xena.

The Deimos follower laughed.

GABRIELLE
I'm serious. Xena's coming and you're gonna be sorry when she gets here.

The follower walked up to Gabrielle.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
It doesn't matter if you're friends with the warrior princess. She'll never be able to get here in time. Because soon everything will be ready. And you will become the catalysts that will bring the great  Deimos to us. And then the end can begin.

TO BE CONTINUED...