Chapter One

Pathetic. That was the word to describe my love life, pathetic. I’ve spend almost three years crushing – no, loving someone who doesn’t give a flying pig about me. Of course, there was a time he did but now, it’s useless and pathetic from my part to wait for him to – actually I don’t know what I’m exactly waiting for. But to be quite honest, there are some times that I get brave enough to send him away or to call him names while yelling. Names such as bastard, pigface, heartless, dickface, asshole and such. My mother will kill me if she found me saying such things; they’re no lady-like.

Someone knocked on my wooden door.

“Ellie, darling, I hope you are done. Lord Timothy Gladstone is waiting for us, for our walk. You remember don’t you darling?” My mother asked through the wooden door.

Lord Timothy Gladstone. He’ll be the death of me.

“I’m coming mother,” I said as I made my way to the door.

Breathe, he will behave. Breathe, Ellie, breathe.

I opened the door to find my mother in a horrendous gown. I had to bite my lip to contain the smile that was trying to make its way to my lips. It was truly hideous. It was a long sleeve dress, with black and white stripes. It showed a bit of her big cleavage and to top it all, it looked like you could get lost in the enormous gown. It was big and hideous. Her hair was red, and I’m sorry to say my mother looked like a bad costume of a mistress. I felt embarrassed and amused at the exact time.

“Ellie, you look so simple! You have to look gorgeous, not simple! Go, go, and pick a big beautiful gown like mine! Go, now!” She yelled while moving her hands above her head in like a maniac.

I looked at myself. I liked simplicity. I wore a short sleeve bone-white dress, it was a bit tight from my chest to my hips and then, it was loose. Comfortable. My hair was curled, simple and delicate curls.

“Mother, why do I have to look gorgeous for,” that heartbreaker, “Lord Timothy Gladstone? It is just a walk, isn’t it?” No response. “Mother, it is just a walk, correct?” No response. “Mother…”

“You need to get married, my darling Ellie, and he’s happily willing to take your hand in marriage.”

To hell he will.

It cannot be, I could not marry this man. He had countless mistresses, countless lovers, countless whores; he had a bit of everything. He loved to break hearts, and mine was on his list.

My mother gasped and that’s when I realized I have been speaking my thoughts aloud.

“Ellie, what kind of language is that!? We will walk with him and when he proposes you’ll say yes. He’s a gentleman, I don’t know from where you are getting this idea!”

“Pardon me, Mrs. Browning and Miss Ellie, but my lord has requested me to bring both of you to him,” my maid, Hope shyly spoke. 

My mother nodded.

“Indeed. Tell him we will be there shortly. You are excused, Hope.”

Hope bowed and left me alone with this woman I call mother.

“We are going now Ellie, this is how is done. Whether you are thrilled about it or not, it will be done. Now, move along.”

With that, she turned on her heel and started walking downstairs.

I sighed.

“This is going to be a day to remember,” I whispered to myself.

__________________________________________________________________________

Hello there, well this is me trying something new. I thought it would be cool to post my story after reading a lot of good ones here. I know it's too short but, tell me if you like it? Through a comment or a vote? I just want some feedback to become a better writter.

OH! And excuse me for any grammatical horrors.