Chapter 15

Sakura blinked at the sunlight shining on her face and squinted in response as she slowly came awake. She groaned at the unwelcomed disturbance and rolled further into the shadows, grateful for a few more moments of sleep.

When a quiet knock sounded on her door, she knew her sleeping time has finally come to an end. With another soft groan, she dragged herself off the bed to answer her door. She blinked at the young maid standing just outside her door.

"Um… Good morning?" Sakura greeted uncertainly and wondered why the maid was knocking on her door. Perhaps she was informing her that breakfast was ready. When the maid just continued to stare at her, she got a little self-conscious since she was still in her pajamas and her hair was in a big mess. "Can I help you?"

That seemed to wake the maid from whatever trance she was in. She hurried bowed in apology. "Good morning, Kinomoto-sama! We're here to help you get ready for the day."

"We? Get ready for the day?" Sakura asked, confused. Was this what Tomoyo did every day?

The maid bobbed her head and gestured to her right, which was obscured from Sakura since she was still standing in the room. She popped her head into the corridor and her eyes widened at the number of staff that were lined up neatly out there. "Why are they here?"

"To help you get dressed, of course!" The maid said proudly as if she was given a grand task. "We are to make sure that Kinomoto-sama look really pretty today."

Sakura shook her head and smiled her thanks. "I'll be fine on my own. Thanks for your offer though."

The maid looked crestfallen immediately upon her words. Sakura felt a little bad for declining the maid's offer. "Um… Will you do my hair later? I'll just pop into the bath and be out in a little while." The maid literally beamed at her as she opened the door wider for the entourage to step in.

"Take your time, Kinomoto-sama," the maid said. "We'll wait for you."

"Um… Thanks… I guess," Sakura replied, sounding a little awkward.

Sakura suffered through the tugs on her hair and pats on her face after her quick shower. The maid looked pleased with her arrangements as Sakura took a step back and faced the mirror. Even though she was still wearing the same school uniform, she looked somehow different.

"Kinomoto-sama is pretty," the maid, whose name Sakura had learnt was Rin, commented with a dreamy sigh. When Sakura turned back to look at her, she blushed and bowed her head.

"Thanks Rin," Sakura said as she straightened from the dressing table. "You have a way with the make-up. It looks natural on me."

Rin shook her head vehemently. "It's not my skills! It's all because Kinomoto-sama is pretty!"

"Thank you," Sakura said again.

Rin's face turned even redder. "If Kinomoto-sama is ready, Rin will bring you down for breakfast. Daidouji-sama should be there."

Sakura grabbed her bag, which she had packed the night before, and followed Rin down to the dining room. On the way there, she fished out her cell phone from her bag and was dismayed to find that the battery was flat. She'd have to ask Tomoyo to direct her to a power point so that she could charge her phone.

"Good morning, Sakura-chan!" Tomoyo squealed in delight when she spotted Sakura at the entrance to the dining room. She flew towards Sakura and pulled her to the table excitedly, showing her the breakfast spread. "I hope it's to your liking!"

"These look really delicious!" Sakura exclaimed and eyed the pancakes with interest, ignoring the rest of the items.

"Wait till you taste it!" Tomoyo urged Sakura into a chair before taking the seat opposite hers. "Well, dig in!"