CHAPTER 4 - MURPHY'S LAW

At the Camp, all is quiet as Clarke leaves flowers at Wells' grave. Amelie approaches her.

Amelie: They got Wells just outside the wall. 

Clarke: Says the girl who just spent another night exploring the woods all by himself. 

Amelie: But I'm reckless. And irresponsible. I got you something.

She then produces a colored pencil for Clarke.

Clarke: Where did you get this? 

Amelie: The art supply store. 

Clarke: I know when we were kids... Wells was always giving me ink, charcoal, just anything I could draw with, really. I found out later that he was trading his own stuff to give it to me. He didn't want me to know that, either. He let me hate him so that I wouldn't hate my mother. 

Amelie: I know. 

Clarke: My mother killed my father. Just wish there was something I could do. To tell her I know. Make her feel what I'm...

She then gets looks that suggest she got a very bad idea. She starts walking towards the dropship.

Amelie: Where are you going? 

Clarke: To make her feel it.

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

THE ARK

An alarm sounds in Earth Monitoring Station and Abby sees that it is Clarke's title that has gone dark this time. tries calming Abby.

Abby: No! No. No. Hell no. No. No. Th... this isn't right. 

Jackson: Abby. 

Abby: No. 

Jackson: Abby. 

Abby: Okay. It's not conclusive. Just because her wristband went out doesn't mean... okay. It's the first terminated signal in over a week. We can still assume that things are stabilizing on Earth. We should assume that. I need an analysis of Clarke's vital signs for the past two days. 

Jackson: Abby... 

Abby: Just have it ready for me when I get back.

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

THE GROUND

Clarke just removed her wristband and gave it to Monty to communicate with the ark.

Monty: Yes! I did it. It's still operational.

Amelie gives Clarke a look of disappointment. 

Clarke: What? Monty needed a working wristband. 

Amelie: And you needed to punish your mother. 

Clarke: Look, they're running out of air, and we need their help. My mother thinking I'm dead is only temporary. 

Monty: Not if I can't patch it through the dropship mainframe. I can do it. We'll be talking to The Ark by nightfall.

Outside of the drop ship, the are busy constructing a wall and  Murphy reports to  Bellamy.

Murphy: This section should be finished by tomorrow.