Todo bien

The next day, the family went to Aventura Artística, and it was very messy. Many of the cases and stands were knocked over, and the art supplies were disorganized.

"Wow, the shop has been in shambles before but not like this," Pedro gaped.

"We're in for a few weeks' worth of cleaning up," Carmen sighed.

"We'd better get a head start," Rosa said, picking up a broom.

"Buen día," Enrique's voice rang out.

Lucera turned to see Enrique's family, Señor Guzman, Señor Rivera, and the teachers and students from Artes de La Habana standing outside the store like they were waiting for a big sale to start. "Buen día," she said. "¿Qué está pasando? The store is in shambles."

"And we're usually closed on Sundays," Jeuss chimed in.

"Queremos ayudar," Señor Rivera replied.

"¿De verdad?" Elena asked.

"Sí, ¿por qué no?" Señor Guzman asked.

"It'll certainly save you a lot of work," Enrique smiled.

Jesus, Rosa, Pedro, and Carmen smiled.

"Okay, you can help," Rosa smiled.

Everyone got to work, cleaning the store. They straightened the shelves and cases, cleaned the aisles, and put the supplies back where they belonged. It took until approximately 3 o'clock, but the store was back to how it was before the earthquake.

"Muchisimas gracias por ayudarnos," Pedro smiled. "What can we do to thank you?"

Lucera had an idea for that. "You know, Abuelo, you said it was about time we painted a new mural on the wall outside," she recalled. "Maybe we can all do it."

Everyone cheered loudly, loving that idea.

"Muy buena idea, Luci," Carmen smiled.

"But what mural?" Maricela asked.

"It was Lucera's idea—she can decide what to paint, and we'll all paint it in a week or two," Enrique said.

"Okay," Lucera smiled.

For the rest of the week, Lucera planned out an idea for the mural. It was a Wizard of Oz-themed mural having to do with pretty colors—and the picture had art supplies as though they were painting it. The best part about this week was that Dolores didn't talk to Lucera at all, nor would she even look at her. It seemed as though that little acrimony at the art fair taught her to stop wasting her time with people she doesn't like.

When Saturday came, everyone who helped clean the store last week helped paint the mural. It took until closing time, but the mural was finished—and breathtakingly gorgeous.

"Wow, what a story this picture tells," Rosa gaped.

"Your sisters weren't kidding when they said you had a lot of creative ideas," Señor Guzman told Lucera.

"You really have an eye for creativity," Enrique smiled.

"Sí, you're definitely the most creative artist at Artes de La Habana," Señor Rivera smiled.

All the students and teachers agreed that Lucera was the most creative artist in school.

"Gracias, and whenever it comes to creativity, podemos hacer que queremos hacer," Lucera smiled.

It was true—when it comes to certain things in life, we can do whatever we wanted. It didn't matter what bullies wanted from you—you should just do what you want because you enjoy it. Lucera didn't care if Dolores hated when she painted—she wanted to paint because she enjoyed it.

The End

El Fin