epilogue

Who is Maria Leonor "Leni" Gerona Robredo?

Ask that question to any person and you would probably get the most obvious answers.

"The 14th Vice President of the Philippines."

"A long-time human rights lawyer, social activist, an economist, and probably the one that got away."

"Our hope— a symbol of hope."

"Lugaw."

"Mahal ko."

But there's one thing people doesn't know or even expected her to do during her idle time— that Leni is an anonymous writer on a social storytelling platform.

People might already read her recent posted articles that were related to her trips abroad or just a simple piece about economy. Obviously, she loves to write— to express her feelings, thoughts, and her insights. But this time, how about to express her love for someone?

You might be wondering what kind of story she writes on a storytelling platform, exactly?

Their story.

The story of how she first met her.

How they fell inlove in the middle of fighting beside each other, for the better future of their country.

The real story behind those photos and probably those moments when they reposted lenrisa fanarts on their instagram stories.

And how they almost broke up.

Leni is looking down at the laptop on her lap, she minimizes the browser and opens up her saved word file— not to edit a report or an article that would probably be published to a famous news website, but the story of a widowed vice president and a senator that fought dragons and fell inlove with each other.

Their story.

Her smile is too wide as she starts on the scene where she read a placard during their 2022 campaign, Leni. Lawyer. Ekonomista. Naninidigan. I love you, Sen Risa.

Her fingers started to tap the keyboard keys, turning the scene in her head into group of letters, forming sentences that make up paragraphs that depicts their actions and feelings in her head.

The exact moment plays in her head as she writes the reaction of the other woman that day— based on the videos that she watched on social media.

That LenRisa thing is not new to the both of them, they are aware that there are a lot of people supporting or even shipping (based on millenial's term) them to be together.

At first, they tried to avoid each other to not give more reasons for people to do that.

But just like what people say, If you can't beat them, join them. So Leni decided to write the real story behind closed doors— as if to say it's for them to decide if they are reading the real story or just a fictional story.

It's time for them to know about the things they do, and even about the i love yous when they are alone together.

Risa leans her head on Leni's shoulder and asked, "You're writing about us, are you? Ayusin mo ah, baka ako 'yung patay na patay sa'yo dyan."

"Ikaw naman talaga," Leni chuckled.

If they can't still tell the world about them, atleast they could tell it through a story that was disguised as a fictional story, right?

***
an excerpt from one of the chapters of lnrs book to be published soon (?)