Insurmountable Problem

Third Pov.
Narrator's-Perspective.

Reading the name of the caller, seems to make your body stiffened. As you moved your body towards to your side, not wanting to let Ayato notice who's the one calling you.

Your hands tried to cover up the screen, and also tried to not look suspicious at the same time. Getting the feeling of sweat drip down your forehead, out of nervousness.

As then, your finger finally has the courage to decline Taro's call. With one press of a button, the call ended with a red flash, before fading away from the lock screen.

You bit the inside of your cheek, as you're thinking of the consequences of your sudden decline. You just hoped, he will assumed you're busy at the time...

Ayato was sort of, caught off guard with your sudden choice of actions. It definitely left him, curious at who was calling you. But he thinks, it'll be better if he doesn't force out answers on you. Though, there's always the other way around...

You gently put your phone inside your pocket, as you lead the way to walk. Ayato would've thought that everything's fine, if only he didn't took the time to observe your face.

Your face resembles a completely normal and peaceful expression. Though, if someone were to look in carefully to observe your facial features. They could tell, that you're definitely nervous from head to toe.

And that only attracts attention to Ayato, making his curiosity even more intense. Well, seems like luck was on your side for now. As the both of you, finally made it infront of your house.

You awkwardly tried to bid a cold goodbye towards Ayato. Only for you to stutter a bit, so after you said it, you hurry up your pace of walking. And opened the front door, and quickly entering inside, shutting the door behind you.

Your mother was the first to notice your presence that just entered. As she quickly walked towards you, she noticed the terrifying look on your face, as if you just saw a ghost on the way to your house.

Before she could mutter out a word, you hugged her tightly. Your body relaxing to the feeling of comfort in your home, as the feeling of relief calmed your heart.

You could hear another footsteps, and as you thought. Your father joined in for the hug as well, almost squeezing the both of you. As the three of you all just laughed afterwards.

Your mother also shedding a few tears, grateful that you're still okay and alive. You wouldn't have known, how much her heart was pounding when she heard about the horrible news.

She's grateful that you didn't actually stayed the night at Amao's house. She doesn't want to know, what would've happened, if you did.

After the bittersweet gathering of the three of you. Your mother cooked a fine meal to satisfy the hunger you all seems to have.

Both you and your dad, thanked for the food, while your mom just giggles and sat down on the free seat. It was a pretty happy and humble night for you and your parents.

Soon enough, it was time for your body to rest, as you bid your mother and father goodnight. And go upstairs, to your bedroom.

You changed into your pajamas, and slide in your body inside the comfortable warmth of your blanket. You let your eyes close, to sleep through the night.

But your eyes soon opened, in the middle of the night. You could hear the seemingly loud thunderstorm outside your window.

Turning to your other side of the bed, you tried to let your eyes close and sleep again. Only to be greeted with a low grunt to leave your throat. You can't sleep...