Chapter 2

The entire dinner I was extremely self conscious. To distract myself from the fact that a beautiful, Greek god like man was sitting next to me, I had to play with my hair. Retwist every curl beacause why not. My hair was curly very very curly not kinky curly like normal black hair just plain simple curly. Like lightskin hair. It took up most of my attention while the adults discussed whatever adults discuss.

As the dinner came to an end, as per usual I was told by mother to take all the plates to the dishwasher. It was like my job to do everything; cook, clean and everything I'm between (haha see what I did there ok back to the story).

The man, well as My parents call him Mr. Romano was engulfed in a conversation with my father about some business deal that was to take place.

My father was Mr. Romano's assistant, so he was usually away two weeks a month for business trips and what not. My mother on the other hand is a house mom. Well I'm the house mom, she's a trophy wife. You keep her on the shelf so she dosent fall and break. Me, you use me until I can't be used anymore.

After staking up the dishes in the dishwasher I paused a little too look out the window. It was December, the snow hadn't come down yet but it was soon to arrive. We lived in New York. The city of lights. The city that never sleeps.

Sighing I turn on my heels and decide that it's time for me to sleep now. I'm tired as hell and I have school Monday morning.

As I make my way to the living room where my parents and Mr. Romano are seated, I catch the end of their conversation.

-Oh Luca. My mother says a little to enthusiastically. There's a storm coming love, you cant drive home.

-Come on my boy, we have an extra room upstairs. My father says.

I'm frozen in place. HES STAYING THE NIGHT? HE CAN'T.

Unfortunately for me, I said that out loud.

My parents gave me « The look ». Which basically means in their language, shut up.

Mr.Romano was intrigued, he had this smirk on his face, almost challenging me to continue. I couldn't keep looking at him.
Quickly correcting myself I say:
-I-I mean, the bed, yeah the bed isn't made let me go and uh do that.... Now... bye

I ran upstairs as fast as I could.
Why do I have to embarrass myself in front of that delicious looking piece of meat. Life just isn't going my way.
And now I have to sleep under the same roof, as the most beautiful man I've ever seen.
....
I finished making the bed or not making the bed, actually I finished hiding upstairs. I should definitely go take a shower now.

I opened the door to my room quietly and realized there was no sound coming from downstairs. Surprised, I went downstairs to check. Why? I don't know. Maybe to check if the man of my dreams is still there? Yeah probably. My horny self just can't be contained.
To my surprise he wasn't the one there, instead it was my parents. They were talking quietly as if trying to hide what they were saying. So I paused at the middle of the stairs to see what was happening.
Mr. Romano was nowhere to be found.

"He's going to ask for the payment for the debt Christopher" My mother said worriedly.
No wonder she seemed nicer than usual today, she's trying to impress him. They're in debt.
Realization dawned over me. WE'RE IN DEBT. WHAT THE FUCK?
"I don't have the goddamn money damnit." He said with a mad voice.
"What could we give him as payment? The house? The cars.?" He said this time calmer.
I couldn't listen to this conversation It was making me sick. I ran back upstairs uncaring of the noise I was making and then BOOM a hit a brick wall.
"What the fuck"I said