chapter 2

Chapter 2

Enor? & Purpose?

Tod and I arrived at Nor, the only city the bus is allowed to travel to in Slaugh before it has to turn around. The Slaugh territory isn't too fond of tourism, I guess with all the illegal activities that take place from time to time.
We've been sightseeing the city for a few days. Nor looks like a Mad Max or Fist of the North Star type of city setting. Shit, from the outside, the building looks dirty and eroded but the inside look so immaculate, it's really confusing to me at times. Genius architect work, I guess.
"Yo, Ugh! Yo, Ugh!" Tod said, waving his hand in my face. "Man, big bratha, please come back to reality!"
"Yeah, Tod. What up?" I said back, regaining my focus on the conversation at hand.
"Let's walk to that bar... The Round Up," he said, looking at his phone.
"That's a weird name for a bar. Are there BBW strippers in there?" I said jokingly.
"Hope not, big bratha," Tod said.
We walked in. The atmosphere was very hostile - like a western movie.
I wonder why do places feel the need to set a Wild West type of setting? Shit generic as fuck! I thought to myself.
"How can I help you gentlemen?" a waitress asked.
"Table for me and my big bratha, please," Tod replied, elbowing my shoulder to stop me from zoning out as I looked around.
"Ah, yeah..." I said.
"Okay, have a table over there and I'll be right with you," she said.
We sat down. I couldn't help but stare at this beautiful honey-brown jawline Latina. She was really facially blessed with a tomboyish clothing style, looking like some Aaliyah or Britney Spears pop star video gear. This woman looked to me and Tod aged around 22-25 years old. She was fondling a female of comparable beauty who was blessed with big bountiful busty breast. Unlike the beautiful Latina, it seemed God just gave her an A cup after he took time sculpting her face.
"Ay, Ugh, she hard... ain't it?" Tod whispered.
"Hell, yeah!" I whispered loudly.
She peeped me looking at her.
"Nigga, you good?" she said in her cute-ish boyish voice.
I looked back at Tod and watched him laugh at me.
"Ay, excuse my friend. He ain't known his father, so he lacking in the manners department," Tod said confidently.
"Yeah, yeah. You lucky you're cute, unlike your offish-looking friend over there," the girl said.
Bitch! What? I thought to myself.
Tod gave me this look as he placed his foot on top of mine underneath the table, like, "Woe, let it go!"
So I did.
"Appreciate it, I get that a lot. Shorty, it won't happen again. Enjoy your meal!" Tod said, smiling.
"Trust me - I am!" she said seductively while looking intently into the eyes of the girl she was fondling.
"Ay, I'll be right back," Tod said. "I saw a cool flyer on the wall as we were walking to this table. I'm going to go take another look at it. I'll be right back. Don't get into trouble, big bratha," he added with a smile as he got up and left the table briefly.
"Shut up, woe!" I said.
The only thing on my mind was how embarrassed I felt getting caught staring like that, but no lie, that bitch is really attractive. A "bitch", but attractive, to say the least. Man, it sure as hell sucks being ugly, I thought to myself.
Tod came back to the table with the flyer he was talking about. "Enor Tournament Trails," he said.
"What's that?"
"It's a tournament, big bratha," Tod replied sarcastically.
"Fucking elaborate! What type of tournament is it, Sherlock?" I responded, passive-aggressively.
"'Enor Tournament Trails is a tournament held with 12 teams that consist of 3 to 4 members. They will compete against each other in 1-on-1 in a best-of-3 series,'" Tod read out loud. "'Last team standing...'"
"Sound like some anime shit, woe," I interrupted.
"You like anime, big bratha, so it's cool," Tod said, smiling.
"Go ahead, woe," I replied with a smirk. "What else it say?" I said, waving my hand, signaling him to continue.
"'Last team standing gets 3 wishes granted within the guidelines, stating the following: riches, healing, and immortality. Also will receive a medal bracelet for all in the land to bow before you.
2nd place and 3rd place teams will receive money and bounty round-up perks, that's if the team as a whole or any members are still alive to claim the prizes.'"
"Oh, hell! Nah, woe! I ain't feeling that shit! Niggas can die!" I yelled, quickly standing to my feet.
The customers around us began to stare at us with a mug of disgust.
"My bad, my bad," I said, trying to calm down their expressions and slowly sitting back in the chair.
"It says Registration is a month and 2 weeks from now - May 15," Tod said.
"Okay, so!" I replied. "Put the fly back, woe."
"Big bratha! This is what we came for! You to make a name for yourself, get the money and fuck bitches, regardless of how you look. Also to live a comfortable life. I... I need this excitement in my life before it's all said and done, big bratha."
The waitress came to the table. Tod looked at her and smiled. "Sweetie, on this flyer it said one of the three wishes that can be granted is healing... Can you explain what does it mean by healing?"
he asked her, flirtingly.
"Oh, King Atrocitius has an Enor with him that can heal the body of any sickness!" she said, smiling and looking into Tod's eyes.
"Any sickness, you say?" Tod said, pulling out his phone.
"Yes!" she said giggling and grabbing his phone.
"My name is Tod and that's my friend, Ugh. What's your name?" Tod asked.
"Nice to meet, Tod. My name is Kenya," she said, blushing.
"Cool! I want your number so you and I can get to know each other better," Tod said, smiling.
"I'm flattered, but I can't. I'm married," she said, handing back Tod's phone.
"All the more reason to take my number. You need to get fucked good every once in a while. I know your man probably doing the same-old, same-old," Tod said confidently, looking into Kenya's eyes as he handed her his phone again.
"You are too fine to pass up," she said, typing her number into the phone. "You better not disappoint!" she said, handing back the phone and grabbing the tab.
"You see the tip..." Tod said.
She looked at it, smiling.
"I do everything big!" Tod said, winking and waving as she walked away into the kitchen area.
"You disgust me, woe," I said.
"Stop hating! You see the ass on her? She gonna get that work from me soon!" he said, biting his lip.
"Anyway... big bratha, we got to compete now. If there's a chance I'll be cured... it's worth the risk."