Disturbing The Peace

Chapter 1

It was thirteen minutes past nine pm. That meant thirteen minutes past curfew, and Drew knew it, but he also had a mission. He was determined and already too far to head back. He had his brother, Quinn, following behind, this was the first time they've ever gone on a "mission" at night. Guards were most active at night, especially in district three, crime and gangs were big in district three.

"Drew what happens if we get caught?" Quinn anxiously whispered loudly. When he didn't answer, Quinn tapped on him.

"Stop it," Drew shrugged his hand off, "I don't plan on getting caught."

He stood on the edge of the district bank and examined the watchtower, district three had two other towers, but this one was the easiest to climb and the closest to Drew and Quinn's apartment.

Both Drew and Quinn were well built and athletic, but Quinn did not have Drew's charisma and riskiness. He had the brains, and like Drew: creativity. Both boys had creative, idea factory like brains, and they knew creativity was discouraged in Atheos City. God hated creativity, but of course, God wasn't your typical sane person. He was the supreme leader of the new world, the post apocalyptic earth, Revelations. He was cruel, smart, and powerful. He had an evil charisma, a way of manipulating people and brainwashing them, this gift led him to power and riches. Though his face has not been seen in years, and is in fact believed diseased, his commands and voice still control the world. He hates creativity and anyone who shows the least bit of it is locked up or sometimes even killed.

This didn't stop Drew or Quinn, in fact, their parents encouraged and made their creativity thrive. They believed the boys had a great future ahead of them, if the false god didn't get to them first. That's why they had to keep the boys in secrecy, they did their best to hid their creativity.

"No talking to people in public," they'd say when they sent one or both of them to the market, "just straight there and here, no talking more than you need to, okay?"

Sure, they were harsh, but the boys knew it was for their own good, of course that didn't mean they always obeyed. They didn't always go straight to the market and back home. They loved to climb buildings, break into them and explore, paint graffiti on the sides of them. They were troublesome, but wise, never once have they been caught. Of course, close calls were common for them, in their district the militia was most active, more crime equals more Angels. Of course Drew and Quinn developed patterns and ways of avoiding detection, but even with that, they still carried weapons.

"Always come prepared." their father would say to them, he bought them their first ATM hardballer when they were just thirteen. Their most prized possession were their knives, Quinn had a fairbairn-sykes fighting knife and Drew had a butterfly knife. They never left the house without them in their belt. They were trained hand to hand combat by their uncle, shooting and aiming they learned from their dad, and cooking and gardening from their mother. The rest they taught themselves, of course. They were born ready for anything thrown at them, and they knew it.
"Okay, i think i have a plan.." Drew had a way to look at things differently than others. He easily came up with a quick, small plan just by looking at his surroundings.

"What's up?" Quinn stood next to him.

"You see the tower? The guard seems to mainly point the spotlight in that direction" he said
pointing to his left, "we should approach from the west side and i'll start to climb up, you wait by the entrance and keep a look out for birds."

That was their name for the Angels, their plauge doctor type masks gained them their popular name.

Quinn nodded, "Okay, here." he said, handing Drew a small walkie talkie.