Flustered

- Bloodhound being somewhat shy
- fluffiness

Word Count: 583

Flustered

The silent hunter toyed with the dangling beads of their headdress, the little fragments that hung at the side of their head held betwixt a pointer and thumb as a meaningless pastime throughout the moment in the spotlight.

An audience meant nothing to them by then as the attention, for the most part, was something they'd become accustomed to.

It had nothing to do with the limelight, but rather, who shared the spot with them.

They listened to (f/n)'s words of praise with something warm in their chest blossoming, spreading throughout their entire being, and they could barely gather themselves to properly thank her for her kind words.

So, mutely, they continued to glow beneath their disguise.

"You're really amazing!" she said with an enthusiasm that reached sky-high, the overwhelming adrenalin of their last fight still surging through her as she nearly hopped with excitement.

Through well-thought strategy that was coupled with extraordinary skill, they'd managed to make up for the lack of a final partner during the trio's match.

Together, they'd managed to rise through the masses, bloodied and grimy, but victorious, a feat that was praised by the adoring fans.

" I couldn't have done it without you!" she made sure to add just before her hand clasped theirs, the swift contact forcing Bloodhound's eyes wide open in surprise.

little shockwaves started at their fingertips before they spread all over, riddling their entire body with the tingling sensation and at that same moment, their breath nearly stilled, almost falling into the same suspended state their heart had been rendered to.

The faint, shameful color of spring petals that had wildly spread over their features was masked by the respirator, and yet, somehow, they still felt exposed and unsettled, as though the entire world could see the obvious bashfulness that marked their features.

Their clasped hands were held up high, the woman jumping up to try and raise them even higher as they became the center of attention.

Words always fell short when it came to expressing what it was that made them feel so inexplicably soft and shaken around (f/n), much more when it was in the moment.

They looked over at her and the tremendous happiness she showed, and as a natural response, they smiled.

They'd yet to find a way to push out the words they wanted, but nonetheless they smiled, tenderly.

Bloodhound smiled, and the hand that was linked to hers held on just a little tighter, the little squeeze not going unnoticed.

As (f/n) registered it, she turned over to them, her features softening.

The muscles of her face settled into a relaxed state. Her smile still existed, but it was much less eccentric.

Instead, it was a gentle uplift that was touched by warmth.

Bloodhound could only hope that she knew that the contact was not something they offered anyone else.

Minimal as it was, it had great meaning.

- The heat that existed over their scarred flesh was not something that happened to happen around anyone else either.

'You make me so flustered. Ástvinur ..' Bloodhound mused, still feeling bashful, and almost having trouble letting go when they felt her hold loosen. The slacking hold meant that their contact would soon cease, something that they were unprepared to go through just yet.

' - I...love this feeling, strange as it is...as strange as I become...If i were daring enough, I'd ask for you to do it once more....to hold my hand just a bit longer.'