Chapter 1

*So I just want to thanks to two of my best friends. Peggy and Faith for inspiring me to write. So I dedicate this book to them. Love you guys! Because I know you'll read this.*

(LILY'S POV)

I was walking around town and stopped to look at flowers through the window of a flower shop. They were beautifully in a bouquet. People stopped and were looking with me. Then a worker came out and looked angry.

''If you ain't gunna come in move along your blocking the entrance!'' He practically yelled.

Everyone left besides me. I stood there trying to figure out what was wrong for him to make him be so angry.

''You too lady!'' He yelled.

"Lily,'' I simply said.

"What?" he asked softly.

"My name is Lily not Lady." I said.

"Oh well can you move over a little bit your blocking the entrance."

"Yeah," I said and moved over and he went back inside.

That was weird. Well I better get back to my sisters house I left my sister with all the kids we babysit. I was on vacation for like 2 weeks and since then we've gained a little girl, Zaryana, about 3 years old. She became attached to me when I went over this morning. I reached my sisters house and didn't realize I was even walking. I went in and Zaryana was there with tears in her eyes.

"Why did you leave?" she asked and sniffled.

"I just went for a walk, sweetie." I said getting down on my knees and hugged her.

Thats when I realized I was just as much attached to her than she was to me. I picked her up and went to the kitchen.

"Everyone else gone?'' I asked my sister, Linsey.

"Yeah, her dad called and said he wasn't able to come get her till like 11." she said.

"11 in the morning! Are you kidding me she should be in her bed by that time. This is unacceptable."

"I agree, but we can't leave her anywhere."

"Zaryana, wheres your mommy? Can't she pick you up?"

She shrugged, "Can I have a snack now?'

"Of course you can sweetie."

I set her on a chair and looked in the cupboards I got some crackers and cheese out."Cheese and crackers?"

"Yeah!" she said with wide eyes.

"Don't you ever have them at home?" I asked her.

"Nope. All we have is peanut butter." she said staring at the food in my hand.

Poor child I thought. Not only does her parents leave her here over hours but all they have is peanut butter.

Man would I like to give her parents a piece of my mind. Leaving her here like this is not gunna be tolerated.

Two hours passed and we were around the tv watching frozen. Zaryana finally decided on frozen. Between Tangled and Frozen I've seen them enough to repeat almost the whole movie but I still love watching them. It was about Midnight now and still no one showed up to pick her up. I looked down at her as she was leaning on me sleeping. How they not want to be around this little girl?

"Any word from her parents?" I asked my sister.

She shook her head and signed.

"Mommy where are you! Don't leave me mommy! Mommy come back!" Zaryana started screaming and crying.

"Zaryana hun, wake up. Its just a dream." I gently shook her and she jumped and started fighting against my hands.

"No, I don't want you Mary! I want my mommy. I want to go home," she screamed.

"Sweetie, it's me Lily." I said pulling her to look at me.

She seen it was me and she relaxed and hugged me crying. I looked at my sister and she shrugged.

"Zaryana, did you have a nightmare?"I asked.

"Yes," she said her voice cracking.

"What happened?"

"Mommy left me and didn't ever come back." she said shoving her face farther into my arm.

"It was just a dream sweetie,"

"No, it's not," she pulled and looked at me.

I looked and seen it in her eyes. She really didn't have a mom. My heart broke.

"Oh, sweetheart," I whispered and hugged her.

A knock sounded on the door. I went to move and Zaryana screamed and clutched closer.

"Don't leave me." She said crying harder.

"It's okay. I'm not gunna let you go. I'm right here." I said rubbing her back.