Part 7

Hospitals proved to be just as annoying as I remembered them. The bright lights, the loud monitors, the doctors running back and forth. I frequented them quite often when I was younger, I tended to get in a lot of fights. I wasn't there for the reason you'd think, though. It was actually because I needed to apologize to the kids I beat up or their families would probably sue me. I was lucky my family had money, otherwise I'd probably have spent some time in Juve.

The burning sensation of glass in my hand wasn't unfamiliar, I'd punched my mirror at least twice in my life. But the circumstances? Definitely unexpected. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"What's up with you? You've been acting weird for weeks and I want to know why." I just asked myself the same question Beck, I won't be able to answer you.

"I'd tell you if I knew." Tori and Jamie were over at the desk checking me in, while Beck sat with me and interrogated me rather than comforted me. He continued talking, but I basically drowned it out. Whatever was happening with me was getting harder and harder to ignore, every passing moment I got weaker and weaker.

Did I like Tori? It seemed insane, I've been with the same guy for nearly three years and I loved him. Right? The hospital bed was as uncomfy as you'd picture it to be, with scratchy sheets and the back raised uncomfortably high. The doctor said I'd need stitches, lucky me. I would have preferred if it wasn't my punching hand, but that couldn't be helped.

Tori and Beck stayed outside the room while they worked on me, Jamie went home. She said she felt she didn't have a right to be there, which I was secretly grateful for. The process was fairly quick. I couldn't feel anything after they'd numbed me, boy was I gonna miss that when I got feeling back in a couple hours. Tori must have told Beck to lay off, because when they came into the room to see me he wasn't as erratic. If she did, I'd have to thank her later.

"How're you feeling?" Even her voice was comforting to me now, Jesus Jade calm down.

"Okay I guess. Can't really feel it right now." The anxiety of knowing I'd have to explain myself at some point created a knot in my stomach. I didn't have any answers, ones I wanted to give anyway. Tori nodded, glancing pitifully at my now wrapped up hand. She winced, I could tell it was hard for her to see me this way. I made an absolute fool of myself which I seemed to be doing a lot lately.

"I'm gonna get some coffee, do either of you want any?" Damn Beck, thanks for the concern. He hadn't once seemed like he cared for me this whole time and it was pulling at my heartstrings. It reminded me of a few other times he'd done the same. Was he always like this and I just hadn't noticed? I shook my head no, refusing to meet his gaze. Tori responded with a no thank you, typical of her. As soon as he was gone, the air in the room felt thick. I was half expecting Tori to ask me a million things, tell me what an idiot I am. But she didn't.

I gasped slightly when I felt a hand on mine. The good hand, obviously. I felt heat rise to my cheeks as she moved her thumb comfortably in small circles. Desperate for her touch, to cling onto her in any way, I gripped her hand. She seemed suprised as she flinched, but quickly relaxed again. She wasn't staring at me, moreso at the floor. Probably to keep me from feeling uncomfortable, I wasn't looking at her either.

"Thank you." I muttered almost inaudibly. I could feel her eyes on me now.

"For what?" Her posture adjusted, as if she'd been waiting for me to speak the entire time.

"Not bombarding me with questions or telling me how stupid I am like he is." I sighed. "It sucks. He doesn't even care." She bit her lip, probably holding back from calling him a million names, although I wished she would.

"I'm sure he does, he's just not good under pressure..." Dammit Tori. "Although, I don't agree with the way he's treating you." There you go. "I can talk to him if you want me to."