Upgrading

It's been a full week since Reito's dual with Motoyasu. When the time came for the rewards to be handed out, all the heroes received their prizes. Even Naofumi. But didn't receive a single coin. He didn't care, seeing as he was still set after the amount of money Queen Mirellia gave him. As he wanted to prepare for the next wave, he decided the fastest way would be to slay monsters. With new armor, of course.

Reito: Well, what do you think?

Ahri: I think it looks nice. Very nice!

Reito: Yeah

Reito: Yeah. I wish I could get rid of the spikes on the chest and waste areas. I'm not sure what those could be needed for. It also feels lighter than my last armor set.

Ahri: I'm still shocked that the Spear Hero would do such a thing.

Reito: Motoyasu? Forget him. He's an idiot, but I don't think he'll pull that trick with me again, considering how our last battle went. If he keeps it up, it will cost him his life.

Ahri: You say that with little to no concern.

Reito: Why should I? He's the one being egotistical and blindly following orders and believing others.

Ahri: I understand that, but even so, I don't like the thought of it. Even if he is in the wrong.

Reito: Well, you have a right to your opinion so I won't press the matter further. C'mon, there's a dungeon around here somewhere. I could use the experience to be ready for the next wave.

They ready themselves as they wander into the forest. On the way, they stack up some ingredients and water they can use later for their meals. As they stumbled deeper and deeper into the forest, they found a set of stairs descending to the ground. Within a few feet, the stairs were shrouded in permanent darkness.

Reito: Ahri, could you add some light?

Ahri: Of course.

Reito: Thanks.

She conjures up a ball of blue flame and hovers it above them as they walk through the dark tunnels. Every toss and turn made Ahri extra paranoid.

Ahri: Uh, Reito, how long until the monsters notice that we're here?

Reito: No need to worry. They already know.

As they walk around the corner, something moves in through the shadow and red glowing eyes pierce through the darkness.

Reito and Ahri had small run-ins with a few monsters, but still nothing they couldn't handle. That is until the hordes appeared. Despite using their magic and skills, they just kept coming. They had no choice but to run for it.

Reito: Keep running! We're almost near the end. We'll make our stand there.

As the monsters continue giving chase, Reito gets an idea and summons his flame sword. He swings his sword in an arc and shoots a fire slash at the ceiling as it begins to collapse. The monster's numbers were cut, but still too much. They kept running until they entered an opening and turned to face the monsters. As they were getting ready to fight, the monsters all stopped.