Chapter 1

Demi Lovato****
I just got my report card for the first trimester at my high school.I am a senior.I am in twelve grade.My parents are super strict and they can be super mean.

I open my report card.I begin scanning the page.I have A's in all my classes except in math I have a C.My parents are gonna kill me.I have to get all A's it's a rule.

I got a B in the second trimester last year and it did not end well.It ended with me having a black eye and a bruised rib.Don't read into this too much.My parents love me.They aren't abusive.They have only made the mistake of giving me bruises on my body three times.They didn't mean it.

I am scared though.I know they are going to be really mad.The bell rings indicating that school is over.I walk out of the school building.I wait for my parents to come pick me up.Thirty minutes my parents red suv comes in for he school parking lot.

I get into the back seat and my dad begins driving out of the school parking lot.I grab my report card and hand it to my mom silently.I begin shaking in fear.

My mom looks at the top of the report card and smiles and then she looks at the bottom of the paper and frowns.My dad looks at it too and let's out a long dramatic sigh.

"You got a C in math?" Dad asks angrily
I nod looking down.
"Are you trying to embarrass us?"Dad asks

I am an embarrassment.I can't do anything right.I hate myself.
"Answer me you little bitch."Dad says
"Sorry."I squeak

"You need to get off your ass and work hard."
Mom says
I nod.

"Why are you so stupid?"Dad asks me
Tears start silently flowing down my cheek.I didn't mean to get a C.I tried my best.

"If you want to live under our roof you need to get good grades."Mom says glaring at me

Just then something inside me snapped.Courage rose inside of me.All the years of getting treated like crap.

"THEN I DON'T WANT TO LIVE UNDER YOUR GUYS ROOF!"I yell losing my temper

"What did you just say?"Dad asks surprised
"I think you heard me."I say smartly

Dad stops the car quickly and the car tires squeaks.He parks the car in a ditch.

"Get out then."Dad orders

"Your not gonna survive on your own.Just remember your worthless.And nobody will ever love you."Mom says

I get out of the car grabbing my phone.Their car drives away.I collapse into the ditch sobbing my eyes out.

What did I do wrong? Why does no one love me? What do I do to deserve this?