13.

Mias POV:
'Would you like a tea, Miss?' Curly asked me, sitting on the haybale besides me and rubbing his hands, to keep them warm.

'No thank you, Curly.' I responded calmly, having to hide my smile at his extreme loyalty to Tommy and his cause, running off to see if anyone else wanted a drink.

'You know, were going to an auction on Cheltenham night for another horse, you should come with us, choose the new generation.' Johnny boy offered, closing the barn doors.

'It depends if Tommy will allow it.' I responded.

'Of course he'd allow it.' Johnny dogs responded, walking over to the record player and turning the music up as loud as possible, clearly trying to drown out the noise.

'Ive heard a gunshot before, Johnny, you don't need to pretend with me.' I said, standing up and walking over to it, turning it off.

'Its fine, its done now.' He responded, looking down at his pocket watch and tucking it away into his pocket.

'Tell Tommy that I shall be back at the house. I should probably go and break the news to the boys.' I said, dusting down my dress and heading for the barn door.

'Ill walk you. Tommy would cut off my head if he knew id let you walk alone in the dark.' Johnny boy said, letting me know he wasn't joking by the glint in his eye.

'The auction is tomorrow, you say? I thought that we had Cheltenham.' I responded, following him from the barn back down the cobbled streets.

'I wasn't so sure you were going to Cheltenham, but its in the evening anyway, so you'll be able to make it.' Johnny said, taking off his hat and tilting it to the children playing in the streets.

'Are you coming?' I asked, stepping to the side to let a drunk man past.

'I should be. If Toms plan falls into place.' He explained, smiling and waving to Arthur, who was stood outside of the house, waiting for me.

'What plan?'

'Where the fuck did you go?' Arthur shouted, not giving me a chance to get a response to my question.

'Tommy had to put Monaghan boy down, we went to say goodbye.' I said, walking past him and into the house, dodging his hug.

'Oh, im sorry, Mia.' Arthur said, following me inside and holding the door open for Johnny dog, before closing it firmly.

'Wheres John?'

'You should stay away from his room for a while. He's fucking someone in there.' Finn interrupted from the table, looking up from whatever he was writing.

'Nice to know that he took our argument seriously.' I muttered, pulling out the seat besides Finn and sitting down, leaning over to look at the paper he was signing.

'What're you reading? What's this?' I asked, picking up the top paper from the pile and skim reading it.

'Tommys proposal for Kimber. He wants it in writing before Cheltenham.' He responded, signing the bottom of the page in my hands.

'Are we all going?'

'All besides you and John.' Michael responded, from his office, looking at me from his desk.

'No, I am going to Cheltenham.' I frowned.

'Tommy threatened to slit my neck if you come with us.' He said bluntly.

I walked into his office, closing the door behind me and sitting in the empty chair, crossing my legs and fiddling with the lighter that lay on his desk.