Ek ladki bheegi bhaagi si

Unedited chapter

A girl dressed in white suit standing like a statue in the middle of the hall listening to all the filthy things given by a woman itself.

Kitni besharam hai, kaise khadi hai sabke samne..sharam lihaaj toh bech aayi hai..manhoos kahi ki.. Pehle hi pati ko kha gayi aur ab uski nishani jo pait mein pal rahi thi usko bhi kha gayi..are tu marr kyu nahi jaati?? A women came and started beating her..

Widowhood - the loss of a companion - could be one of the most traumatic incidents in someone's life. What anyone needs during this time in their life is the support of those around them- their families and society, that softens the blow to their life. Instead Indian widows are constantly reminded of their loss, directly or indirectly, for the rest of their lives- and told that there is no chance for them to have a "normal" life.

a widow is often forced to remove all her ornaments, especially those seen as 'symbols of marriage', such as bangles, vermillion, mangalsutra, toe ring, etc. In addition, she is given a white saree which she has to wear for the rest of her life. White is considered to be a colour of mourning.

Today in many parts, widowed women can were light pastel colours or simple clothing. However dressing up, wearing ornaments or makeup is frowned upon and will earn widows a disapproving gaze from those around them. They are asked to keep away from wedding rituals and any other form of celebrations.

A woman who has lost her husband is refrained from having a lover. Though the Hindu Widow Remarriage Act legalised the remarriage of Hindu widows in 1856, a widow is expected to marry out of obligation towards her family or children, not by choice of love. She is expected to have no urge for physical or emotional intimacy. In some families, it is a custom for widows to marry another male relative- their husband's brother or cousin, an alliance fixed by their family. Do widowed women get to have a say in these decisions? Or are they forced down on them? Or are they conditioned to believed that such alliances are being made in their best interest?

Shehnaaz woke up with jolt.. All the miseries which she had gone through were running in her mind..it was not just a nightmare but the bitter truth of her life.

She sat straight and looked around..saw him lying on the floor sleeping peacefully. Knocking sound on the door made Sidharth woke up. He opened the door and saw his friend Ganesh aka batli..

Baatli - Bhau tereko Lene aaya Mai.. Chal kaam p chalna hai..

He saw Shehnaaz behind her..He looked at Sidharth and whispered:

Bhau ye kaun hai?

Sidharth: Shehnaaz

Baatli: Bhau tu shadi mana liya? Mereko Bhi nahi bataya? Vahni se toh milne de..

Vahini apun Ganesh bole toh baatli..apun ko sab pyaar se baatli bulate hai..tum logo ne kab shaadi manaya?

Shehnaaz stood quietly..she had no idea what to say.. She looked at Sidharth.

Sidharth said sternly: Baatli

He knew this tone..he stopped talking..

Baatli: Bhau..kaam p jana hai.. Apun bahar hai.. Aaja tu..

He left the place immediately..

Sidharth went inside the washroom to freshen up..

He came outside..opened his drawer..took out a pistol and kept in his pocket.. His eyes met hers..he was trying to find fear but they were blank..

Without saying anything he left the house.

So this is the third chapter of the story..please let me know in the comment section if you are liking it or not..in line comments are welcome.. Till then keep reading and supporting..

Signing off..
S..