Rivals of the Heart: ~ Chapter 2

"We are Cats. We are unpredictably violent and violently unpredictable. We are warriors disguised as innocents, fooling even ourselves that we are passive."

***

The Wolf’s body cascaded down for about ten metres, it’s eyes wide with fear, before he landed with a BANG on an aluminium roof top. His body caused a huge indent in the roof top and left me no doubt that whoever lives near-by was going to be woken by the sudden noise.

I saw him look up at me in perceptible confusion, his golden eyes still glazed heavily with fear. I clambered over the roof edge, leaning down to hiss at him.

"Leave that pack and never come back here you dirty mutt. This is our town, and the only reason I saved your miserable little pelt is because you’re to God damn young to die." I growled savagily under my breath, knowing he could very well hear me.

The idiot didn’t move.

"If I have to come down there I will throw your filthy little ass off the skyscraper and onto the pavements, with absolutely no regrets at all." I warned, my tone taking a dangerous hitch. I saw him snap out of his confused state and nod reluctantly but I didn’t wait for him to move, knowing Sverre would be back to see what was taking me so long.

He would be very edgy about the Wolves not a house over. If one Wolf can make it across such an enlarged gap, then the rest were automatically assumed that they could do the same. The fact of the matter is that they don't want to put there lives at such a risk; it would be suicidal to attempt that jump then take on two Cats. I climbed back over the edge and jogged over the pyramid roof to the direction Sverre left from, hoping the puppy would heed my warning.

I don't want to end a life when it was only so close to starting. I just hope this decision doesn't come to bite me on the ass at a later date.

I glanced over at the rest of the Dogs crouched on the other roof top, their eyes glued to me like petrified lambs to a slaughter, judging me of my next move. I had no scepticism what so ever on whether they heard the younger Wolf hit the roof – even human ears would have picked up a noise as loud as that - although I’m sure they believed him dead.

I watched them for a moment, pretending to eye them up, as if weighing my chances of survival if I were to attack them. They looked worried for a moment; it was two on three, because there was no doubt that Sverre would join in the attack. He loves to provoke the Wolves into a fight, which is why I try to avoid them in the first place. Someone has to balance him; I avoid fights while he is the one to start them.

I huffed where I heard Sverre clear his throat from below, so I mock saluted them for the last time, before I jumped off the edge, landing on the flat cement roof below. Sverre stood at the corner of the building, looking down at the few cars inhabiting the city this late at night.

"That was loud." He commented with a smirk, before jumping gracefully onto an abandoned window cleaning platform swinging in the wind, and then doing a flip backwards into an above ground car park. I rolled my eyes. He was such a show off.

I followed after him, minus the flip, and landed on the pavement with a barely audible smack. I jogged over to the red Porsche, sliding into the passenger’s seat only a second before Sverre slammed his foot down on the gas pedal, sending my body slamming into the seat like I was trying to wear it.

I snapped on my seat beat, even though it would do little if I we were to have an accident – which was highly unlikely to happen with Sverre driving.

"Let’s just say we won’t be seeing him around." I chuckled, looking out the window as the lights that danced around the city flashed by my window in a blur. Sverre drummed his fingers on the top of the steering wheel, looking slightly nervous.