Chapter Five: A Matter of Trust

Horace POV

All of us were in the Aqua Base with Captain Mitchell and Landon.

"Rangers, pay very close attention." Captain Mitchell said, as he shows us a footage. "This fuel cell is top secret, and it is extremely powerful. Also remember, it's sensitive to high temperature. So you must keep it away from the heat, no matter what."

All of us saw an explosion. Captain Mitchell turns it off.

"You'll meet Dr. Hanson at the airport." Captain Mitchell said. "He'll have it with him." He said. "Your job is to make sure, it gets back here, safe and sound." He said.

"Understood, sir, nothing will happen to that fuel cell." Carter said, as he stood up. "Come on, let's go." He said, and everyone begin leaving.

"Dana. Horace." Captain Mitchell called, and we both stopped. "I have a different assignment for you two." He said.

Dana and I look back at the others, and back towards Captain Mitchell and Landon.

"All right, what is it?" Dana asked, as we went towards Captain Mitchell and Landon.

"I asked an old friend of mine to stop by." Captain Mitchell said. "Problem is, his eye sights are pretty bad." He said. "So I want you to give him a ride." He said, and wrote something on a paper. "Here's his address, he's waiting for you, I appreciate it." He said, and begins to leave.

"Father." Dana called, and Captain Mitchell stops. "With all die respect, call your friend a taxi." She said. "The other Rangers need my help, that fuel cell could-"

"Dana, the others have their assignments, you and Horace have yours." Captain Mitchell said.

"This? This isn't an assignment." Dana said.

I begin to feel uncomfortable in the atmosphere.

"This is babysitting." Dana said. "You can say you trust me. You can choose me to be the Pink Ranger. But in the end, all you see me as is your little girl." She said, and she left.

"Go with her." Landon told me, I nodded and followed after Dana.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• RESCUED •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Dana and I were wearing our jackets, as Dana knocks on the door to Captain Mitchell's friend's home.

The door opens, and someone came out.

"Hi, I'm Dana. And this is Horace." Dana said, gesturing towards me. "Are you..."

"Oh, Will Mitchell's daughter." The guy said, he came out of his home, and hugs Dana. "I'm Earl. Darn tootin' to make your acquaintance." He said.

Earl look over to me. "Oh, and you must be Chance Mitchell. Will Mitchell's son." He said, and hugs me. Dana and I look at each other, with questioning looks. "Pleasure to meet you." He said.

"His name isn't-" Dan was about to say.

"Just a minute." Earl said, interrupting Dana, and went into his home.

Dana look at me. "You know who he's talking about?" She asked.

I shrugged, and pointed at my head. 'Maybe he thought of me as someone else?'

Dana nodded. Landon has taught the others, how they can communicate with me. Dana is the one who can understand me pretty well, amongst the other Rangers.

"Let's be off, while they still bite." Earl said, as he hands Dana and I fish nets.

"Wait a minute, you and my father are going fishing?" Dana asked.