S3.5 E4: The American from elsewhere

General POV

It was a normal night at Union Base. Everyone was asleep as it was currently 1:00 AM.

Henry: *peep peep* Morning Thomas, morning Tracy, wonderful night isn't it.

Tracy: *peep peep* Morning Henry, and yes, it's a beautiful night we're having.

Well, almost everyone. All the engines of sodor were out on the night trains which were really early morning trains for those services that would just finish when you woke up like the mail and the fish trains like the Flying Kipper.

(I mean, ya can't go wrong with the classics, just replace shots of Oliver with Tracy)

Thomas had stopped at Island 2 with the mail train, Tracy came up alongside after pushing the Night Express into its siding

Tracy: So Tom, anything new happen?

Thomas: Nope, nothing of note. It's been real quiet since Montana and his family left for Vale.

Tracy: Hm.

The air became rather awkward between the 2 tank engines, as Thomas was about to speak some kind of siren was sounded. Some of the workmen then focused on unloading stuff from the trains as quick as possible.

Thomas: What's going on?

Workman 1: There's a tropical cyclone coming in from the west.

Workman 2: It's a Cat 3, take shelter immediately! We'll handle the mail just get out of here.

Tracy: Don't have to tell us twice!

Thomas and Tracy restarted their fires before racing to the sheds. All over the islands the sirens sounded as the engines dropped what they were doing and rushed to shelter.

Meanwhile Trigger was making her way back to Union Academy after passing over Vale when the Tropical Cyclone hit the island, but her RADAR picked something up inside the cyclone.

Trigger: Odd.....

Whatever it was then started diving towards.....something.

Back on the ground Cleveland's ship had been recalled for routine maintenance when this Bogey started diving on her.

Cleveland: Huh....?

The Bogey turned out to be a P-47 which then released 1 500 pound bomb on Cleveland despite her best efforts to shoot it down, the assailant then flew off towards the US coast.

Cleveland: *in serious pain* Mayday......we have a bandit......heading for the West Coast......target is a P-47........*faints in pain*

Montana: Cleve? CLEVELAND?!?!?! SHIT!!! .........Trigger, go get his ass.

Back with Trigger she heard the radio chatter and saw the blip so she pushed her Raptor's engines to WEP and raced towards the P-47. When she got there she saw it all alone and......dogfighting thin air.