~Chapter 1~

"Two.One.Go!"                                                    Feet thumped on the oak floorboards of the dance studio.
Girls from behind me thrusted themself elegantly in the air.
They focused on the positioning of their feet,My focus on the other hand was elsewhere.
It wasn't on the pink-faced dancers or the creaking floorboards.
It was on her.
Darcy Flingard.

God was she an amazing dancer.
Tap,Freestyle,you name it.
The girl could do anything.
But to my demise she specialised in ballet,she was smart in doing so.
After all she was astonishing at it.

Her turns were on point.
Her pirouettes ending as elegant as the other.

The beauty of watching her was impactful.
It was an opportunity for us stood out at the sides of the studio,her alone in the middle dancing as good as always.

Her feet pointed in the direction she wanted them to.
Her walnut brown hair in a neat bun,two strands pulled out to the front-both that of equal size.
The ballet really made her glow angelically.

She wasn't urging to do ballet,Ballet was urging for her to do it.
It was made for her.

"Elaine Thatcher!Stop daydreaming,start dancing!"Miss Klemmit ordered.

Miss Klemmit is my dance teacher.
She is a professional and has taught many dance stars.
Her newest project being Darcy Flingard.

If I wanted to be anywhere near as good as Darcy I needed her help.
It would take years but I have years to spare.
If making me a professional dancer,so be it.
If making me be near as good as Darcy,I would risk anything.

I am sixteen after all.
The only time consuming thing happening in my life right now is GSCE's.
That's all.
Other then being dropped into the deep end at college that is the only change happening in my life.
How boring right?

Miss Klemmit frantically tapped the buttons on the speaker to make it start.
The speaker has been here longer than I have-I started when I was only barely walking on two feet.

She hushed all of the girls and then at long last did the music start playing.
I pointed my toes without thinking,I leaped better then I have ever leapt before.
But only when we got the pirouettes did I mess up,me ending up toppling over the line of dancers on my side along with myself.

Miss Klemmit stopped the music,bashing on the old speaker in frustration.
"Elaine Thatcher!My god will you stop clowning around in my lessons.How hard is it to do one simple pirouette without making all the dancers go flying?!"She groaned.
I felt all eyes on me.
I felt flustered,I wanted not to be laughed at but such thing wasn't possible.
Definitely after my teacher pretty much said I was like bambi on ice,like dancing wasn't a good idea for me.

She pulled me to the side and played the music again.
"Now watch carefully and tell me if they can do it without pushing anyone."
I watched carefully at all the dancers moves,none of which were the wrong ones.
Maybe Miss Klemmit was right,maybe I wasn't fit for dancing at all.
The music stopped and like I assumed no one fell over.

-

"Well done today girls,have a great weekend.As for you Miss Thatcher stay behind I want to talk to you."
Everyone stared at me in pity.
I would pity someone if they got told to stay behind aswell after all.
She waited for the final girl to grab her dance bag and leave the studio before coming over to the corner in which I was standing.
"So Elaine we obviously need to work on..a lot.But apart from your terrible pirouettes you have good potential in the world of ballet.You just need to practice.After all if you don't practice you won't succeed at all."
"Miss?"
"Yes Elaine?"She answered swiftly.
"How did Darcy become as good as she is?Did she need to practice all the time or something?Obviously not as much seeming is I'm guessing she has I quote "got the gene passed down"
Miss Klemmit chuckled.
"That's enough questions for today Miss Thatcher,you're dismissed.Thank you for your time."
I grabbed my purple dance bag and then made my way to the double doors.
"Thank you,for your advice."I turned back and said.
"No problem!"she beamed back.
I pushed the doors infront of me and stepped outside.
It was pouring outside.
It was raining pretty heavily,unfortunately for me my parents weren't available to pick me up today.
I grabbed my rain coat and speedily put it on before running through the pouring rain.
My hair was getting soaked by the minute and my coat was covered in rain drops.

My shoes had soaked through, I must of accidentally ran through a puddle as I was eagerly dodging people walking on the left hand side of the pavement.
As for my ballet tutu,it got soaked as soon as I left the studio by a car coming to a halt beside me.
Clearly today wasn't the day for me.