~Chapter 11+

~Elaine Thatcher~

My teeth clunked against the glass of water as the paramedic asked me tons of random questions.

"What is your profession then Elaine?"
"Ballet."I mumbled.
"Ballet!My niece Gwen did Ballet as well.She was brilliant at it,in fact she got into multiple dance competitions."
"Did?"
The paramedic went quiet for a split second.
"Yeah she passed away awhile ago,no one knew how though.Even the doctors couldn't find the issue.Maybe it isn't quite a good topic to be talking about due to todays..you know tragedy."tears began forming in her eyes,a few managed to escape.
"Is anyone nearly here Elaine?"she finally spoke.
"Yeah my stepdad is,he's just around the corner now."I replied.

Yasmine was standing in the kitchen doorway,looking like she was half dead.
I dropped everything and ran over to her.

"Yasmine."
She wrapped her cold,shaky arms around me and cried into my jumper.
I had never seen her like this.
I have never seen her so lost.

"Can I stay here for the night?"her voice wavered.
"Sure you can,you don't have to ask."I left our warm embrace to answer the hard knock on the door.

I launched the door open revealing my stepdad,Beth and my mother.
"Hey is everything..."
My mother looked at the glass on the floor,then at Yasmine and the policeman and then at me.

She pulled me in and hugged me tightly,Beth did the same with Yasmine.
"You alright Yaz."Beth whispered into her ear.
Yasmine wiped a tear from her eye then shook her head.
"What happened?"
I grabbed Beth's arm and took her into the living room.

"Her dad died."
"Oh my god!Is she alright?"Beth poked her head out the door and stared at Yasmine.
"No obviously not."
"Hey how about I go talk to her?I won't be long."
She took Yasmine upstairs in the guest room to talk to her.

"Are you okay love?Did you get hurt?Did Yasmine get hurt?"My mother fired numerous questions at me.
"She is fine,Yasmine I'm not too sure about."The paramedic tried to reassure my mother,
"Oh no,Yasmine!"
"Yasmine will be fine Mrs."
"How do you know?"

The paramedic looked quite hurt.
"Anyways,since your family is here I will leave."Kirsty made her way to the door.
"Wait!"
I ran and hugged her before shoving a piece of paper in her hands.

She looked at the piece of paper and smiled at me.
"I will be there Elaine!"
I quickly hugged her once more before waving goodbye.

"Hey sweet me and Matt are going to pick up Polly from her friends.Due to tonight we will have to be there for you and Yasmine as much as we can.Will you,Beth and Yasmine be alright here alone?"My mother asked.
"Yeah we will be fine."

She slipped $10 into my hands before rushing out of the door.

Here I was again.
Alone,having myself downstairs for my own comfort.

I made my way upstairs to Beth and Yasmine.
I opened the guest room door and saw they weren't sat on the bed.
I walked into the guest room bathroom and saw neither Beth or Yasmine.

I panicked and rushed around the second floor looking for them.
It took me clambering my way up the creaky steps to the balcony to finally find them.

"You guys having fun?"I smirked.

Yasmine walked away from Beth quickly.
Beth smirked at me.
"Yeah we are having fun!How about you go call Miles since he seems very interested in you~"Beth teased.

"I don't-."
"Don't worry since I'm such a good cousin I called him to come here for you."Beth cackled.

Ironically,the boy had been sitting there staring at me the whole time.
He had been listening to the whole conversation.