𝟐

"Hey baby, didn't expect to see you here again

"Hey baby, didn't expect to see you here again." Julian fucking Hawthorne. The child of an American tycoon that hasn't lifted a finger to be a civilized human being. Let's take a step back and explain why I despise Julian. Julian Hawthorne has been trying to get at me since we were 13 years old. Our Fathers worked together and he thinks we are 'destined lovers' or whatever. I called bullshit from the beginning but someone can't seem to take a hint. "What the fuck do you want, Mr. Hawthorne?" I said as he took a seat next to me as the bartender handed me my whiskey. "I just wanted to see how my pretty lady is doing," Julian said as I rolled my eyes and took a sip of the strong whiskey. "I would rather not talk to you." I snarled out. I wasn't even joking when I said that. His hazel eyes looked directly at mine as he grabbed my wrists and held them tight. "Let go, now." His hold got tighter as I tried to hold back my anger issues.

"Get your nasty ass hands off of her, Hawthorne."

7 PM

7 PM

"Get your nasty ass hands off of her, Hawthorne."

A thick Russian accent snarled out from behind me. Shivers immediately covered my body as I looked behind me to see a tall, muscular man with light skin and pitch-black hair. He had strong facial features with blue eyes that sparked stars in the sky to glimmer. "And what are you gonna do about it, Carter?" Julian said as I was knocked out of my senses. "Ты бы не хотел знать, ублюдок." The mystery man said sternly as Julian ran like a baby after getting scared. I took a deep breath and sighed as the mystery man sat down next to me. "Well thank you for saving me from this weird situation but I should be heading out," I said as I slowly got out of my seat but the mystery man gently grabbed my wrist. "No no no, please stay. I don't want your night to be ruined because of a stupid blondie." He said as I looked him in the eye. I did want to go but something inside was telling me to not leave. I slowly nodded as the mystery man ordered himself a drink.

(Translation: You wouldn't want to know motherfucker)

"So what's your name, beautiful?" His blue eyes looked into mine as I moved my hair to the front of me. "Malena, Malena Romero." Usually, when I say my name to people they instantly freak out but, he didn't. He just nodded away as he drank his alcoholic beverage. "Ah so, you're a Romero? The one and only Santiago Romero's daughter." He said coldly as my palms started to sweat. "Mhm, now what's your name?" I said as he started to laugh. "Grayson, Grayson Carter."
Oh, I've fucked up big time. He wasn't someone that I've known of but, someone who my family hates. Grayson Carter is the Russian Mafia leader. I decided to not react to what he said. "Well it was a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Carter, but I have some plans that need to be fulfilled." The air felt just tense as I started to walk away before I felt someone pull my arm gently. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Romero. I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other very soon."

The Next Day

The Next Day...

August 15

3 PM

"MALENA ANAHÍ ROMERO WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T YOU CALLED BACK?" My Dad screamed out through the phone as I walked into my office.

"Papa, I was busy. I'm sorry I didn't call you back but I had a business party." I tried to reason with him but he didn't budge. "You were making me
worried sick, Malena! You know the rule we have-"

"Ms.Romero, the new business partners are here for the meeting." My assistant said as I took a deep breath and thought about what I was gonna say to my Dad. "Papa, I'm trying to be as calm as I can right now so please accept my apology. I need to go." I hung up the phone before he could start screaming. Here's one thing about my Father. Santiago Romero does not play when It comes to his wife or daughters. I'm poking at the bears' butt right now but I have a business to run.

I slowly stand up and pat down my short black dress. "It's time." My legs slowly start to walk to the conference room again while a feeling in my stomach makes it churn. I finally made it to the door of the conference room and slowly took a deep breath before opening it. My hands twisted the knob gently as 4 figures stood tall and one of them looked familiar. Motherfucker. Grayson Fucking Carter is my business partner now.

 Grayson Fucking Carter is my business partner now

Word Count: 1,004 Words

Started: October 12, 2022

Ended: