Chapter 1- Mythical Creatures

Age of Freddy, etc is 16
Freddy's pov: 
I am in the middle of smashing my brother, Ed, in Zombie Force, when Mum calls me. I pause the game, then dash down stairs. "What is it? I'm in the middle of playing Zombie F-." I cut myself off when I see my Mum standing in the living room with a wealthy looking man in a suit, who is holding a briefcase. My eyes widen when I realise that the man is the President.

"Hello, Fredrick." The President smiles, and I cringe.

I don't go by Fredrick. It's a stupid name. I don't know what my Mother was thinking when she looked at baby me, and decided that Fredrick is the perfect name. "Um...hi, Mr President, sir." I say awkwardly.

I look at the briefcase in the President's hands. What the heck is that? As if reading my mind, the president says, "Some of the best and most professional scientists have recently discovered that mythical creatures do exist." He starts, and my eyes widen. "That's lit!" I cry excitedly, and out of the corner of my eye, I see my Mum face palm in disappointment.

"No, Fredrick. That is not at all, er...lit. These creatures are very dangerous. They have the power to wipe out all of humanity." The President states, and I raise a brow. "They have the power, but that doesn't mean that they will!" I frown, and Dad gives me a look.

The President sighs, and shakes his head, then checks his watch, as if I'm wasting his precious time. "Yes, but we can't afford to take that chance." He grumbles.

"Whatever. But what does that have to do with me?" I ask, and my Mum and the President exchange excited smiles. "Well, Fred, darling..." My Mum starts, "The government has been looking for young, athletic and smart teens like you, to eliminate the mythical creatures.".

I don't like where this is going. Please don't be what I think this is!

"And you have been chosen as one of the hunters!" The President finishes. "Woo!" Mum cries! I stare at them in horror. "No!" I yell, "I don't want to hurt them! They haven't done anything wrong!"

The President frowns. "You do not have a choice. You will meet with all the other hunters tomorrow outside the White House." He snaps, "And that's final. Good day, Mrs Huerta and Fredrick." He says, before leaving.

I storm up to my room, and flop on to the bed. This is the worst day of my life!

Hello😀
First chapter💜! Sorry that it's taken me so long to update, and that this is really short😕. Make sure to vote, comment, follow and check out my other books😝.
Luv E☕