Late Night Walk

AU: POST-GAME

Recently, Himiko has been having some nightmares about all the things that happened back then in that Killing Game: she started seeing again the death of her classmates, all the pain and the anxiety that she felt.

It was all over now, her friends are still alive and doing well, slowly recovering from those horrible events, herself too. For a few months, she didn't had too much problems with those nightmares, she knew they were just bad dreams, but now they were coming back too much frequently and more disturbing and she doesn't know why.

One night, Himiko woke up from one of those nightmares.

Her heart is beating really fast and her breaths came out in short pants. This one was even worse than the others she had. She quickly looked around her room to see nothing but her girlfriend Tenko sleeping next to her, snoring lightly.

Himiko had invited her to spend some time together, like every Friday night. Fortunately, she didn't wake her up.

Himiko looked down at the watch in the bedside table. It's 03:35 p.m., still too early.

She doesn't want to wake Tenko up, she didn't want to make her worry.

Slowly she got up off her bed, grabbed her nightie and went downstairs to the kitchen. She needs to calm down.

She tried some herbal tea her friend Angie offered to her a few days ago, but it didn't work. She tried then to take deep breaths, walked around the living room with her cup still in her hand, looking around, trying some of her magical speels to help her regain control, but nothing helps.

The poor mage started feeling frustrated until an idea came to her.

She need to go outside.

She doesn't care if it's still too early, completely in the dark and still in her pajama, she desperately needs to distract herself someway. Himiko left the cup in the sink of the kitchen, grabbed her jacket from the hook by the door and put on her shoes, ready to go.

"Himiko? What are you doing awake at this hour?"

The redhead freezes and turns quickly to see Tenko walking down the stairs, rubbing her eyes and trying to focus.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Tenko just noticed you weren't in the bed and I get worried a little. Did something happened?" Tenko asked, still sleepily and looking better at the redhead "Why are you wearing the jacket?"

Himiko bites her lips nervously.

"I... I don't... I don't feel very well". Tenko raised an eyebrow at her.

"Are you feeling sick?"

Himiko shook her head.

"What's wrong then?" Tenko asked again with concern and getting closer to her.

Himiko feels stuck, but she doesn't want to lie to her girlfriend or make her worry even further.

"I'm... just going outside for a bit" she answered quietly. Tenko immediately frowned.

"A-at this hour? Why?! It's dangerous Himiko, it's still too dark!" Tenko shouted not too loudly.

"Just want to take a quick car ride, I won't go too far from home, I promise".

"But why? Is there something that bothers you? Is it because I snore too loud or-"

"Wha- no! It's not about that it's ..." she sighed "look, I know it's very strange for me to do this but I really need it".

Tenko stayed quiet for a while until she decide spoke.

"Alright, I'll come with you then".

"Nyeh!? No!"