six

"Ok. Now, positions everyone!" Mrs. Hill announced. I stood behind the curtain as a scene with the StepMother and the StepSisters unfolded. It was the scene where Prince Charming tried the glass slipper on all of them.

"Oh, it has to fit!" one of the theater kids, Teresa, said. She was playing Drizella.

Josh took the fake toy heel and tried to put it on her foot.

"Ugh! It's me! This wasn't the shoe I was wearing!"

"My turn!" The other theater kid, McKayla, said. She was playing Anastasia. He tried again on her, and it obviously didn't fit.

"Girls, it's my turn." Sydney, aka Lady Tremaine, said. She sat down as Josh tried to put the shoe on her foot. I had moved to behind the fake cardboard door that was being painted as the scene progressed. Sydney had a smirk on her face, and it wasn't scripted. That smirk was all her.

"Can I have a turn?" I asked as I came out from behind the cardboard box and slowly walked towards Josh. I sat down in the chair as Josh tried the shoe on. The shoe "magically" fit my foot.

"It fits!" Josh exclaimed. He looked deep into my eyes. The next part was... something I wasn't too excited for. Josh was supposed to give me a hug. I jump into his arms and he picks me up and spins me around. Then, he places me down and we kiss.

When I found out about the kiss, I wasn't too thrilled to say the least.

*flashback*

Tara and I were on FaceTime. We were doing our Pre-Calc homework cause we had no fucking idea what we were doing.

I was waiting for Tara to finish the problem she was on. I had grabbed my script from my backpack to skim through it.

I was getting towards the end when I had read what has to happen between Josh and I.

"Y/n I'm done now so we can-"

"Tara. I think I'm gonna pass out." I said as I stared at my script, mouth agape.

"What y/n? Are you alright? Do you need anything? Y/n?" I cleared my throat.

"Prince: 'It fits!' Prince Charming gives Cinderella a hug. He picks her up and spins her around during the hug. Prince sets down Cinderella. Prince and Cinderella kiss." I recite what the script says.

"What- y/n! OH MY GOD Y/N! YOU GET TO KISS JOSH! IN FRONT OF SYDNEY! This is AWESOME!"

"No it's not awesome! I have to kiss Josh. In front of Sydney and my parents. And in front his parents. Tara, I have to kiss him in front of my brothers!" I pulled at the roots of my hair, scared of what my brothers might think.

"Oh right, I forgot you have 3 older brothers." Tara scratched the back of her neck.

"I'm fucking screwed."

*end of flashback*

"So, do we... you know?" Josh said, motioning towards the kiss.

"Cut! Great job everyone!" Mrs. Hill announced as she clapped her hands together.

"Well, I guess that answers our question." I smiled as I walked away from Josh. I grabbed the fake shoe off my feet and put it in the props bin.