Chapter 18. Leftover Longing Attitude

Zach woke up to the smell of warm, freshly cooked and delicious food wafting into his bedroom from just beyond the hall. His eyes gently opened and he layed up to take in what was happening, trying to get his brain in gear to start working.

"Huh.... Oh, Luke stayed over again, third night in a row since the race," he remembered, scratching his scalp frantically at a painful itch on his head.

Zach's messy dark hair shuffled around the tops if his eyes, quickly getting parted away as best as he could try and get it to normal without being washed. He then got up and dressed himself in yesterday's clothes, walking out if his room with a hearty yawn.

He found Luke in the kitchen by the bar, fully dressed and awake and having made the two eggs and bacon for breakfast on the table. He had gotten on his phone for a quick second to check some messages before spotting Zach nearby, his face lightening up instantly.

"Morning, Zachy," he came over and kissed Zach sweetly on the cheek, having done that every morning he had woken up here the past few days. Needless to say Zach was loving all the attention. "You sleep good?"

"Heh, yeah," Zach's reply was warm and happy sounding, his eyes gently closing for the duration of the sweet kiss on his face. "Did you?"

"Mhmmmmmm," Luke gave him a long hum of approval, wrapping an arm past Zach's waist to hug loosely onto him for just a moment. "Hey I know it's early, but I've gotta do some shopping with Vi for the shop today. After we're done you wanna meet me at my place and stay the night? I'm getting a lil homesick being over here so much."

"S'fine," Zach smiled, unable to say no or be unhappy at all when being held in Luke's arms like this. He layed over against the side of his chest, letting out a comfortable sigh through his nose. "Yeah, text me the address to your place later. I'm finally feeling back to normal again and that'll be a good first outing since getting sick."

"Glad to hear it," Luke smiled sweetly down to him, nodding his head over to the table. "I'll eat with you before I go."

~~

Hiding in one of the automotive isles of a supercenter store, Violet crouched down on the edge of her toes, arms resting on her bent legs as she gazed across the lower bars of the isle for the right types of paint to buy.

She was very picky about the quality and color of whatever she chose, wanting every piece she made for someone to be vibrant and long lasting to help her business gain the city's favor. Every month or so this meant she'd have to stock up for upcoming appointments and expensive projects, needing to find every material her heart desired to perfect the commissions she was taking.

Her eyes rested on a large paint can when Luke passed by the isle, having been searching for her for several minutes since he got here, and skidded to a halt when nearly passing right by.

He turned into the isle, containing only them, and slowly walked up to the girl with long blonde streaks of hair drowning out parts of her upper body and the half side of her tanned face he could barely see. She looked so focused and serious that he felt bad for coming here and disturbing her.

Even though she had wanted him here, he hated interrupting.

"Hey," Luke said walking up to her, making the woman's head turn right towards him upon hearing his mildly deep, familiar voice. "How's it going?"