Chapter One

I was running late.

I dashed through the halls, avoiding all those bad kids who skipped school and decided early on to work at fast food restaurants. Well they didn't really decide that but as I passed by a pregnant girl I couldn't help but wonder.

The one minute bell has already rang and I was hopeful that I was going to make it when I crashed into someone and stumbled back. I groaned, but also from hearing the last bell ring and knowing my teacher was probably going to do the most.

I looked up to see a boy my age with a scowl on his face and his hands shoved deep into his pockets. He looked unscathed but very much annoyed. At least I know he's going to offer me a hand. I thought sarcastically. I mumbled out an apology and continued my way to class.

I heard another bell ring and froze. Okay so that's the one minute bell. I looked back to see he was still looking at me. I hurriedly walked around the corner and to my class.

As soon as I walked into class I heard my teacher groan. I cast him my famous smile while shooting him finger guns. "Hey Mr. Pines!"

"Hello to you too Ms. Winchester."

The reason for his mood being so jolly to see me was because last year I had a friend take his class and every morning I would barge in here like I owned the place. He practically had to force me out. Oh how the table's turned.

He assigned my seat, which was farthest from him, in the back by a window. The way our tables were put, we would be working in pairs. Other kids filed in and he made sure to not put any of them near me. How loving.

The last bell rang when the last student walked in. Funny how it's the guy I crashed into in the hallway. Mr. Pines sighed before putting him right next to me seeing it was the only open space left. He profusely apologized to him which made the boy give me a blank stare. Although in his eyes I saw a flash of curiosity before it vanished. Like he stomped out a small fire to make the room dark.

I waved and smiled at him as he walked over and sat down next to me. As class begun I noticed he didn't pull out any materials. I took this as him not having any so I slid him a paper and pencil. He looked up and that's when I really saw his eyes.

They were this deep, dark green that I guess I had mistaken for brown. But no, of course they had to be the most jaw dropping color. I smiled at him.

"Hi, I'm-"

"Autumn don't start." Mr. P interjected faster than the speed of light.

"Always have to take the fun out of everything Mr. Pine Wood." This received a couple of chuckles through the class.

Seeing that I got what I want, I leaned back in my chair with my arms crossed, already bored with the lesson. I looked over to my dear buddy to see he was already jotting down notes. His hand easily swirled across the page, filling every line with facts.

I gaped at him before I started sneakily coping his notes. I mean, they're just notes after all?

"You will be turning in your notes for a grade at the end of class." Our teacher declared making everyone groan in unison.

Never mind my life depends on it.

He must have noticed my constant glances as he lifted his head and slowly turned to look at me. At the perfect pace I turned my head and slowly looked out the window. Then we both looked back to his paper. Well, I wasn't supposed to be looking at his paper but that is off topic.

He filled up the page and gently sat his writing utensil down. Then he quietly slid his paper over to me and put his head down to sleep. So he did know.