Eps 13 - Lake Ordan Forest

Author: Uonagi Kousuke

 This is a relatively large area of ​​forest located about one day's walk from Finis or about half a day by carriage. In the middle of the forest, there is a lake called Lake Ordan, and the source of its water is the Yomun Waterfall which is upstream.

 The water in Yormun Falls is generated by springs from a very old dungeon in the vicinity, and it is said that there is a magical artifact in the depths of the dungeon that spouts water forever.

 Now, aside from rumors, it is certain that this spring contains high quality magical power, and as an alchemist, I have visited this place from time to time. The water itself is the material for alchemy, and the cobblestone requested for this project and the medicinal plants that grow naturally in the area, are all essential to Finis' life.

 If this situation continued, the supply of potions and medicines will soon start to slow down. It is a very good idea for a client to have a worthy request for a C-rank. I think the client is the adventurer's guild. As long as the adventurer's guild acting as an intermediary knew who the client was, there was no problem.

 If information about who wants what from adventurers gets out, it could be to the detriment of the client, and there are people involved in rough negotiations about rewards. For this reason, many request forms do not include the client's name.

 However, if you've been an adventurer at Finis for a while, you can usually guess who the clients are. The investigation request disguised as a collection request, and is also considered a defeat request with inherent danger.

 This is a C-rank request that takes this into account. Normally, D-rank requests come out with C-ranks, so I have to doubt that. That's what I mean by danger.

"That's what it means. So, you have to brace yourself from now on."

""I see. But wouldn't it be dangerous for another youngster like us to wear this?"

"I think that's why he gave it directly to me. I'm not sure what to do."

 If you have been an adventurer for a long time, you will understand the personality of the young half-elf receptionist. This is a kind of demon that smiles and does a difficult task.

 What's more, this was a bad deal because he looked at the other person and threw it. However, he has a trustworthy eye backed up by experience. This time, they must be thinking that we can solve the problem.

"If you see any danger, leave immediately, okay?"

 As I turned on Gopro-kun, I looked at the forest I was about to enter. As I expected, there was a strange tingling sensation in the air and there was no sign of an animal.

(Definitely, they're here.)

 Perhaps sensing my nervousness, Marina and the others look at the forest restlessly. Okay, that's good. It's not good to be too nervous, but as long as you're aware of the dangers of where you're going, I'll be there to support you.

"I'll be fine. I'll give you full reinforcement magic before we go in. Marina will take the lead, and I'll be in charge."

"It's the opposite of a dungeon, isn't it?"

"There are no traps in the forest. I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that. It's better for me to be the one with the magic of <blink shadow>."

 It's a kind of reinforcement magic, magic that puts a surrogate alter ego above you. With this, you can dodge the first attack at least even if you are ambushed. Unfortunately, it was a magic dedicated to the "Red Mage" and could only be bestowed upon yourself.

It's a kind of reinforcement magic, a magic that puts a substitute alter ego over you. With this, you can avoid the first hit at least even if you are ambushed. Unfortunately, it's a magic dedicated to "Red Mage" and can only be given to yourself.

"Isn't the Sensei in danger then?"

"What's this, I'm equipped with good armour. It's not so easy to get rid of."

 This set of red outfits, which is a bit flashy for me to wear, looks like this and is magical armour.

 Deep in the dungeon during the Thunderpike dive it came out of a treasure chest. This is a special set of equipment for Red Mage that I got from the shop, and I was wondering if I would sell it to the end, and I got it for the same amount of gold coins as the selling price.

 It was a blessing in disguise that Red Mage was an unpopular occupation, so special equipment was sold at a low price.

"I'm sure you'll be happy to learn that it's a Red Mage Armor Warlock suit..."

"Oh, how did you know that?"

"I've never seen one in such good condition."

 Rain seems to know a lot about my adventure gear. Yes, that's what it is. The Red Mage Armor Warlock Suit in usable condition is hard to come by. It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're looking for.It was the job of blacksmiths and alchemists to make it usable.

"So you're saying it's okay to leave it to Yoke?"

"Yes. That's what I mean. Have you thought of the route to the waterfall?"

"That's the route you gave me in the carriage, right? Yes, I remember it!"

"Okay, let's go. All right, let's go and.... start recording."

 I gave an order to Gopro-kun and stepped into the forest. Marina carefully moved forward in silence as if she was in a dungeon. I will be the one to give everyone the magic of the noise-reducing <sneak motion>.

 Actually, I could use <invisible> on everyone, but it's easy to lose the effect with a bit of excessive movement, and there's a risk of losing sight of each other. We walked upstream along the river for a while.

 The sound of the river drowned out our footsteps, and the open space made it easier for us to swing our weapons in case of a fight. Despite my 'I hope nothing happens to us' feeling... suddenly emerged from the forest.